SystemAdmin
783 Posts

Pinned topic Backend Id problem in zOS WAS 7

‏2010-04-19T13:01:25Z |
Hi,

I keep getting the following error, whenever I execute any
transaction batch job in CG 6.1.1.1 running in zOS WAS 7.0.0.8. All those
applications run perfectly well in zOS WAS 6.1.0.27 though :

"PMGR1012E: The current backend id DB2UDBNT_V82_1, does not match the data source connected to."

I have set the backend id in the ejbdeploy command using the
attribute "-dbvendor DB2UDBOS390_V9" ( our LREE DB is DB2 v9.1 in zOS ). When I check the resulting ear file, the file ibm-ejb-jar-bnd.xmi contains "currentBackendId="DB2UDBOS390_V9_1", which is at it
should be.
So, my question is: Where is the backend id DB2UDBNT_V82_1 coming from ?

I have attached the joblog and the ear file.
Any help, suggestions will be much appreciated.
Thanks.

cheers,
jay
Updated on 2012-07-20T14:32:01Z at 2012-07-20T14:32:01Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    783 Posts

Re: Backend Id problem in zOS WAS 7

‏2010-04-19T16:57:21Z  
    Jay,

The problem most likely is not with your app, but rather, with the endpoint system app, GEE. The datasource jndi name for the endpoint is set in the admin console on page: Job Scheduler > WebSphere Endpoints. For the datasource/endpoint mapping to work, the datasource must be accessible to the dmgr. You can confirm this by using the "Test Connection" feature in the admin console for that datasource. The reason this matters is because the dmgr must connect to the datasource in order to dynamically obtain its backendid. This backendid is then used to configured the endpoint's GEE app. Default is Derby, which is what you're getting. You should be able to resolve this by taking the following steps:
    1. Ensure endpoint datasource is accessible from the admin console ("Test Connection" must work successfully).
    2. Reassign endpoint datasource (Job Scheduler > WebSphere Endpoints).
    3. Save&sync config.
    4. Restart WCG endpoint server(s).
    5. Rerun batch job to verify error is gone.

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    783 Posts

‏2010-04-20T10:31:03Z  
    Jay,

The problem most likely is not with your app, but rather, with the endpoint system app, GEE. The datasource jndi name for the endpoint is set in the admin console on page: Job Scheduler > WebSphere Endpoints. For the datasource/endpoint mapping to work, the datasource must be accessible to the dmgr. You can confirm this by using the "Test Connection" feature in the admin console for that datasource. The reason this matters is because the dmgr must connect to the datasource in order to dynamically obtain its backendid. This backendid is then used to configured the endpoint's GEE app. Default is Derby, which is what you're getting. You should be able to resolve this by taking the following steps:
    1. Ensure endpoint datasource is accessible from the admin console ("Test Connection" must work successfully).
    3. Save&sync config.

Thanks Christofer for the prompt reply.
    Yes, that did it. Works now :)
    Thanks.
    cheers,
    jay
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    783 Posts

‏2012-07-20T14:32:01Z  
    Jay,

3. Save&sync config.

IN MY CASE i don't have an endspoint i use server standalone in windows
    what can i do?

this is my error

com.ibm.ws.exception.WsEJBException: nested exception is: com.ibm.ws.ejbpersistence.utilpm.PersistenceManagerException: PMGR1012E: The current backend id ORACLE_V10_1, does not match the data source connected to

email:s.daouiji@gmail.com