Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-08-13T11:06:52Z by Gsquare
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
3180 Posts

Pinned topic Where are DXL hooks to run user-form?

‏2010-04-13T15:05:52Z |
Under main menu Tools\Forms, there are sub-items New Form, Edit Form, Run Form, and Delete Form.

Is there a means in DXL API to run a user-created form?

For example if a user created a form called MyCustomForm, how would it be loaded and run via DXL control?
Updated on 2010-04-13T16:17:45Z at 2010-04-13T16:17:45Z by SystemAdmin
  • Mathias Mamsch
    Mathias Mamsch
    2154 Posts

Re: Where are DXL hooks to run user-form?

‏2010-04-13T15:50:31Z  

These userforms are partly accessible through built in perms:

bool deleteModuleForm (Module, string)
    string getModuleFormAttr (Module, string)
    string getModuleFormProperties (Module, string)
    bool updateModuleForm (Module, string, string, string)
    bool addModuleForm (Module, string, string, string)
    string getNextModuleFormName (Module, string)

The menu DXL in lib/dxl/standard/moduleForms will take these ModuleFormProperties and generate DXL code from them to create a GUI. This is a very complex process and cannot easily be reproduced, so these perms will be pretty useless for you. So I guess you will have not much luck running a form, unless you use the same code as the (encrypted) dxl library.

What do you want to do with user forms anyway?

Regards, Mathias

Updated on 2013-12-18T23:57:47Z at 2013-12-18T23:57:47Z by iron-man
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

Re: Where are DXL hooks to run user-form?

‏2010-04-13T16:17:45Z  

These userforms are partly accessible through built in perms:

<pre class="javascript dw" data-editor-lang="js" data-pbcklang="javascript" dir="ltr">bool deleteModuleForm (Module, string) string getModuleFormAttr (Module, string) string getModuleFormProperties (Module, string) bool updateModuleForm (Module, string, string, string) bool addModuleForm (Module, string, string, string) string getNextModuleFormName (Module, string) </pre>

The menu DXL in lib/dxl/standard/moduleForms will take these ModuleFormProperties and generate DXL code from them to create a GUI. This is a very complex process and cannot easily be reproduced, so these perms will be pretty useless for you. So I guess you will have not much luck running a form, unless you use the same code as the (encrypted) dxl library.

What do you want to do with user forms anyway?

Regards, Mathias

We have a custom test data entry dialog box. On this dialog box there is a means to jump to an arbitrary object id (via text box and Jump To button). If the object id was a test step, the custom dialog box would be populated with object data. If it was not a test step, it could be the user wants to read something else for reference (or did a typo). I could pop up a dialog box and display the object."Object Text". But the desired reference information could be in other columns. I was thinking if users could make there own "reference form" for this situation, they could show whatever they want and users would be in charge of what to show

However if there is not means to do "Show user-form MyUserForm populated from thisObject", then I'll forget about this idea.

It seems strange something like runModuleForm(string myFormName, Object objectToDisplay) does not exist.

I wonder what happens behind the scenes when a user menu navigates to Tools\Forms\Run Form and (for example) MyUserForm is chosen.

Thanks for you reply in any event.
  • Gsquare
    Gsquare
    8 Posts

dxl program to run a form every time a new object is created?

‏2014-08-13T11:06:52Z  
    We have a custom test data entry dialog box. On this dialog box there is a means to jump to an arbitrary object id (via text box and Jump To button). If the object id was a test step, the custom dialog box would be populated with object data. If it was not a test step, it could be the user wants to read something else for reference (or did a typo). I could pop up a dialog box and display the object."Object Text". But the desired reference information could be in other columns. I was thinking if users could make there own "reference form" for this situation, they could show whatever they want and users would be in charge of what to show

However if there is not means to do "Show user-form MyUserForm populated from thisObject", then I'll forget about this idea.

It seems strange something like runModuleForm(string myFormName, Object objectToDisplay) does not exist.

I wonder what happens behind the scenes when a user menu navigates to Tools\Forms\Run Form and (for example) MyUserForm is chosen.

Thanks for you reply in any event.

Hi,

i want to write a dxl code so that  a user defined form is run whenever a new object is created.

Please help.