Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-04-16T13:22:20Z by vijapur
vijapur
vijapur
13 Posts

Pinned topic How to configure ruleTable in admin console for flat file activation spec

‏2010-04-12T19:31:15Z |
Hi,
How to configure activation spec in admin console for flat file.
I need to configure two files

1. CMP_20100412.txt
2. NNP_20100412.txt

these two files needs to be picked up by the same flow.

I know that i can specify eventFileMask for one file name. but here i need to specify two differnt file names in the same activation spec.
Do I need to use ruleTable or is there any alternatives for this scenarios.

thanks in advance
Prakash
Updated on 2010-04-16T13:22:20Z at 2010-04-16T13:22:20Z by vijapur
  • Srikanth_KM
    Srikanth_KM
    3 Posts

Re: How to configure ruleTable in admin console for flat file activation spec

‏2010-04-13T11:29:16Z  
    The Flatfile adapter can be configured to poll files based on a pattern of the filename. For the scenario explained by you, there are 2 ways on how this can be acheived.

a) Set the eventFileMask property (in Admin console ->Activation Spec property) to *.txt The Adapter will then poll all the files with the extension "txt".

b) You can also use the ruleTable to configure this rule. Ruletable provides more options for event filtering like filtering based on the filename,filesize, last modified time of the event file etc.

Thanks
  • vijapur
    vijapur
    13 Posts

Re: How to configure ruleTable in admin console for flat file activation spec

‏2010-04-16T13:22:20Z  
    Hi Srikanth,
    Thanks for the reply. I think i need to refine my question here. The configuration you mentioned works fine but my requirement is if the event ditrectory will be shared with other process which will be polling for other file type lets say that

My process will poll for

1. CMP_<CurrentDate>.txt
    2. NNP_<CurrentDate>.txt

but other process will be polling same event folder for

3. CDF_<CurrentDate>.txt

so that i dont want to process 3rd file which is meant for other processes.
    I need to configure only for file type 1st and 2nd.

with regards
    Prakash