• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-04-12T14:08:02Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
10 Posts

Pinned topic Windows VM template fails to be detected

‏2010-04-06T17:04:10Z |
Hello
I have a running CB 1.2 like environment using the 4 refresh CB 1.2 VMs, the system is running well using the sample SLES template, but when I try to create and deploy a Windows 2003 template, following the 1.7 cookbook steps for SLES, I can request the new project using the windows template and although the template gets created and I see its clone task on vCenter and I can login to the new system and ping all the management 10.160.0.* IPs, the over all task fails, (it actually repeats 3 times) with this error message:

Timeout: Unable to see virtual machine state : poweredOff

in TPM, Provision workflow status

Any clues what could this be? is the workflow for Linux VM provisioning different from Windows VM provisioning.

PS, I do not use the ITM agent and I fill out all the needed fields in the template section on TPM template definition

Thanks for your help

Haytham
Updated on 2010-04-12T14:08:02Z at 2010-04-12T14:08:02Z by SystemAdmin
  • rossella
    rossella
    2 Posts

Re: Windows VM template fails to be detected

‏2010-04-07T14:34:08Z  
    You may want to check th version of cygwin

For windows there are a few more steps required for the configuration of the template. Please have a look at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v10r1/topic/com.ibm.tsam.doc_7.2/rdp/t_prepare_os_image_vmware_win.html

Hope this helps
    Rossella
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    10 Posts

Re: Windows VM template fails to be detected

‏2010-04-12T14:08:02Z  
    • rossella
    • ‏2010-04-07T14:34:08Z
    You may want to check th version of cygwin

For windows there are a few more steps required for the configuration of the template. Please have a look at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v10r1/topic/com.ibm.tsam.doc_7.2/rdp/t_prepare_os_image_vmware_win.html

Hope this helps
    Rossella
    Thanks Rossella, I didn't have cygwin and cloudPostinstallWindows.zip files copied to the template. I followed the steps using latest cygwin version 1.7.4-1 and it gave me the same results. I'll try with an older version of cygwin, hopefully this could fix the issue.