I am building my first multi tenant application .. have not implemented customization yet (alowing the user to add fields to the tables in the database or even creating new tables ) How do i implement the business logic layer if every user had different fields of the same table ?
Thanks in Advance
zabalex 270004P7ES6 Posts
Re: Implementing Customization2011-10-18T06:25:41ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.Hi
First you need to know 3-tier architecture, before implementing BL in your Application.
Three-tier (layer) is a client-server architecture in which the user interface, business process (business rules) and data storage and data access are developed and maintained as independent modules or most often on separate platforms. Basically, there are 3 layers, tier 1 (presentation tier, GUI tier), tier 2 (business objects, business logic tier) and tier 3 (data access tier). These tiers can be developed and tested separately.
why we need dividing the code in 3-tiers? Separation of the user interface from business logic and database access has many advantages. Some of the advantages are as follows:
1. Reusability of the business logic component results in quick development.
2. Transformation of the system is easy. Since the business logic is separate from the data access layer, changing the data access layer won't
affect the business logic module much.
3. Change management of the system is easy.
4. Having separate functionality servers allows for parallel development of individual tiers by application specialists.
5. Provides more flexible resource allocation. Can reduce the network traffic by having the functionality servers strip data to the precise
structure needed before sending it to the clients.
Layering is the best way to build an application. Using layers you can customize the code as well. need to create library for each layer.
In Business layer you can set the property's of the user table and can define methods as per desired functionality given in your application.
those functionality will be used from presentation layer and connected with data layer winch you can say a middle Tyre between business layer and database.
Thanks & Regards
SEO San Francisco