• 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-04-28T08:03:53Z by wqc_zj
Jacco_Blaauw
Jacco_Blaauw
5 Posts

Pinned topic Problems with discovery after removal of a system

‏2010-03-29T13:01:06Z |
Ls,

I have a problem with system director 6.1.2 with DB2 9.5 database.

If I remove a system I´m unable to discover it again.

The message I get is ATKDIS005I. A system resource was discovered previously at one or more specified locations.
When I do a find rescource on hostname or ip adres there is nothing left.
I looks like as if the are still relations to the host in the database or so.
Has anyone seen this problem also. Looked at techlink and found only one bad solution th do a smreset which clears up the whole database.
Updated on 2010-07-23T09:42:41Z at 2010-07-23T09:42:41Z by LLS71
  • P. Dusome
    P. Dusome
    23 Posts

Re: Problems with discovery after removal of a system

‏2010-03-29T18:00:16Z  
    Sounds like an issue with your DB. Then again, I often find with Director that a change in the DB is not immediately refelected on the front-end. I can't give a lot of help with your db as I lack experience with DB2.

Try restart of Director Server service to see if the resource becomes visible again.

What about trying to register the agent from the client end? If using agent 6.1 or better on a windows machine do:

(in ..\IBM\Director\agent\runtime\agent\toolkit\bin)
    checkconn -host DirectorServer
    or better
    checkconn -host DirectorServer -password AgentPassword

The first will tell you if the agent can talk to the server, while the second will tell you if you could register with the server using that agent password. To actually register, first reset the agent configuration with:

configure -unmanaged -force

Then to register:

configure -amhost DirectorServer-passwd AgentPassword

Good luck
  • Jacco_Blaauw
    Jacco_Blaauw
    5 Posts

‏2010-03-29T18:50:16Z  
    • P. Dusome
    • ‏2010-03-29T18:00:16Z
    Sounds like an issue with your DB. Then again, I often find with Director that a change in the DB is not immediately refelected on the front-end. I can't give a lot of help with your db as I lack experience with DB2.

Try restart of Director Server service to see if the resource becomes visible again.

What about trying to register the agent from the client end? If using agent 6.1 or better on a windows machine do:

(in ..\IBM\Director\agent\runtime\agent\toolkit\bin)
    checkconn -host DirectorServer
    or better
    checkconn -host DirectorServer -password AgentPassword

The first will tell you if the agent can talk to the server, while the second will tell you if you could register with the server using that agent password. To actually register, first reset the agent configuration with:

configure -unmanaged -force

Then to register:

configure -amhost DirectorServer-passwd AgentPassword

Good luck
    Hi,

Thx for your reply and followed you advise. Unfortunately. I still have the same problem. See my remarks below

Did a restart of system director but system still not shown. It is a aix lpar with System director agent 6.1.

Ran checkconn.sh with positive respons:
    BTC8614I The connection to the agent manager has been established successfully.
    BTC8619I The common agent would register successfully with the given password.

Server stil not shown on the system director server.
    Tried to discover the lpar again on hostname and also on ip adress.
    Still receive the message that the resource is known in system director.

On command line typed smcli lssys.

System also not shown.
    Looks still like as if system director does not remove a resource well in the DB2 database.
    Hope someone can help
  • Jacco_Blaauw
    Jacco_Blaauw
    5 Posts

‏2010-04-12T07:43:01Z  
    I got it finally solved. After updating system director form 6.1 to 6.1.2 and smreset after the upgrade.
    Until now I did not have the same problem anymore.
  • JohnSmith-ibm
    JohnSmith-ibm
    4 Posts

‏2010-05-11T09:46:30Z  
    I got it finally solved. After updating system director form 6.1 to 6.1.2 and smreset after the upgrade.
    Until now I did not have the same problem anymore.
    I have the same problem after re-discovery. I can find the server in "Find a resource", but it doesn't display in "Navigate Resource".
    Any idea?
  • JohnSmith-ibm
    JohnSmith-ibm
    4 Posts

‏2010-05-12T09:49:39Z  
    I have the same problem after re-discovery. I can find the server in "Find a resource", but it doesn't display in "Navigate Resource".
    Any idea?
    A some updates of the problem.
    I can find the system what I need by "Find a resource" (by name and ip-address). But it is absent in the All Systems list in the Navigate Resource.
    So I removed resources where founded (ip and name).
    Then I rediscovered the system. No systems were founded.
    Then I run "Find a resources". Resources were founded again. And there wasn't the system in the "All systems"
    I noticed that resource "https://**.**.*.:9510/ has "No access". Communication state: "OK"
    IBM Director 6.1.2.2, Apache Derby.
    I guess, the problem is in Apache DB. Is it possible to connect to the DB manualy and check\delete failed records?
    Or maybe there are other solutions))
  • JNunes
    JNunes
    2 Posts

‏2010-06-05T00:32:30Z  
    A some updates of the problem.
    I can find the system what I need by "Find a resource" (by name and ip-address). But it is absent in the All Systems list in the Navigate Resource.
    So I removed resources where founded (ip and name).
    Then I rediscovered the system. No systems were founded.
    Then I run "Find a resources". Resources were founded again. And there wasn't the system in the "All systems"
    I noticed that resource "https://**.**.*.:9510/ has "No access". Communication state: "OK"
    IBM Director 6.1.2.2, Apache Derby.
    I guess, the problem is in Apache DB. Is it possible to connect to the DB manualy and check\delete failed records?
    Or maybe there are other solutions))
    I have the same problem. What a nightmare. The discovery process will not find a new system, and there is an entry in the Apache Derby database for the DNS port of the system that I am trying to discover. I have removed this entry using the console. The only way I can find it is to search for a resource.

The AIX LPAR has AIX 6.1 TL 5 SP 1. I have regenerated the GUID, deinstalled and reinstalled the cas.agent, the tivoli.tivguid, deinstalled the Common and Platform agent on this system. All in the hopes that it would generate something unique enough to be rediscovered. I have verified the ssh and sftp connectivity. It is definitly an issue with the database. Resetting the database is a ridiculous way of fixing incomplete records or partially deleted objects.

Any ideas other than a deinstall and reinstall of IBM System Director 6.1.2.2 or smreset?
  • LLS71
    LLS71
    45 Posts

‏2010-07-23T09:42:41Z  
    • JNunes
    • ‏2010-06-05T00:32:30Z
    I have the same problem. What a nightmare. The discovery process will not find a new system, and there is an entry in the Apache Derby database for the DNS port of the system that I am trying to discover. I have removed this entry using the console. The only way I can find it is to search for a resource.

The AIX LPAR has AIX 6.1 TL 5 SP 1. I have regenerated the GUID, deinstalled and reinstalled the cas.agent, the tivoli.tivguid, deinstalled the Common and Platform agent on this system. All in the hopes that it would generate something unique enough to be rediscovered. I have verified the ssh and sftp connectivity. It is definitly an issue with the database. Resetting the database is a ridiculous way of fixing incomplete records or partially deleted objects.

Any ideas other than a deinstall and reinstall of IBM System Director 6.1.2.2 or smreset?
    I'm having the same problem here, but with SEVERAL systems...

Any news?

Regards, Leonardo Schieder
    A. PORR AGSystem Management
  • wqc_zj
    wqc_zj
    4 Posts

‏2013-04-28T08:03:53Z  
    • LLS71
    • ‏2010-07-23T09:42:41Z
    I'm having the same problem here, but with SEVERAL systems...

Any news?

Regards, Leonardo Schieder
    A. PORR AGSystem Management

I'm having the same problem here with  director 6.3.0.2

help me!