IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-07T03:32:51Z by SystemAdmin
igorM
igorM
120 Posts

Pinned topic How to run TM1 chore from batch file?

‏2010-03-23T19:03:17Z |
Hi,
I have a warehouse procedures that loads data warehouse relational tables that are source for TM1 cubes. After this warehouse procedures are finished I would like to run TM1 chore.

How to run TM1 chores from Windows batch file? Can someone write some sample of batch file?
Regards,
igorM
Updated on 2013-01-07T03:32:51Z at 2013-01-07T03:32:51Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    658 Posts

Re: How to run TM1 chore from batch file?

‏2010-03-23T20:11:41Z  
    There are no built-in functions for allowing you to run a process from a command line.

You can accomplish what you are after by using the API to write your own program.

If you send me a private email, I might be able to dig up an old copy of one that I built some time ago.
  • some_tm1_guy
    some_tm1_guy
    177 Posts

‏2010-03-23T21:53:19Z  
    There are no built-in functions for allowing you to run a process from a command line.

You can accomplish what you are after by using the API to write your own program.

If you send me a private email, I might be able to dig up an old copy of one that I built some time ago.
    Or you could try looking here
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    658 Posts

‏2010-03-24T15:17:14Z  
    Or you could try looking here
    Thanks for posting the link. I couldn't remember where I saw it.
  • VinnuSea
    VinnuSea
    25 Posts

‏2011-05-25T16:18:00Z  
    Thanks for posting the link. I couldn't remember where I saw it.
    Hi
    can you please send me the Code for running the CHores from Bat file....I am struggling to write it...It will be very helpfull for mee......Please email to vinnusea@gmail.com

Appreciate your help
  • Rizwan.Kaif
    Rizwan.Kaif
    197 Posts

‏2011-07-08T16:25:12Z  
    • VinnuSea
    • ‏2011-05-25T16:18:00Z
    Hi
    can you please send me the Code for running the CHores from Bat file....I am struggling to write it...It will be very helpfull for mee......Please email to vinnusea@gmail.com

Appreciate your help
    If you read the Readme file. It has got the instrucitons in it. The Syntax to run a Chore would be:

TM1ChoreExecute <AdminServer> <TM1Server> <UserID> <Password> <ChoreName>

Also if you only want to Run a TI Process through the command line then TM1 9.5.1 or later comes with a utility TM1RUNTI.EXE which can run a Process from the command line. To get this utility you would have apply the latest HOT FIXES for 9.5.1 or 9.5.2

Cheers!
    Rizwan Kaif
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    658 Posts

‏2013-01-07T03:32:51Z  
    • VinnuSea
    • ‏2011-05-25T16:18:00Z
    Hi

Appreciate your help
    Hi Vinnusea,

I am struggling to write a coding in TI for status update of Chore (either successful or Unsuccessful)to email. Currently, I have created two batch files and when I am trying to execute both batch files (manually), then both of them are wokging fine and I am receiving email as well. But, when I am trying to fetch the batch files in TI process, then I am not able to receive any email to my account. So, could you please help me with the coding in TI process (L_kothamasu@yahoo.com.au), how to execute the batch files and also, could you please confirm, Do we need to change any settings in Batch file to fetch the windows batch file into TM1.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Kind regards,