Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
9 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-06-14T18:57:45Z by jbwithers
Ora2DB2
Ora2DB2
24 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic IDMT didnt generate scripts for procs,func,views

‏2010-03-22T06:12:57Z |
Hi,

I'm doing a migration from Oracle10g to DB2 9.5 using IDMT. After clicking the Deploy DDl/Data tab, data got loaded to tables and scripts got generated for migration, but I cant see any scripts generated for Procs,Func,Views like db2plsql_function.db2,db2plsql_views.db2,db2plsql_procedure.db2 in migr folder. Does IDMT dont generate the scripts for this and migrate them automatically?

Thanks in advance.
Updated on 2012-06-14T18:57:45Z at 2012-06-14T18:57:45Z by jbwithers
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    708 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: IDMT didnt generate scripts for procs,func,views

‏2010-03-22T14:22:38Z  in response to Ora2DB2
    Hi,

Thanks for using IDMT.

Yes, you are correct in your finding that IDMT does not automatically deploy functions, procedures as it is possible that you will need manual intervention in this.

The Interactive deploy is the one that you should be using. First connect to DB2 and click on open directory button on the tool bar and hit deploy all once you are on the Interactive Deploy tab. This is close to automatic deploy but you will know what got deployed and what did not.

You can also use Auto Fix tab to massage the SQL as per DB2 syntax.

Make sure that you have latest copy of the tool.
    • Ora2DB2
      Ora2DB2
      24 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-23T12:12:59Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi,

Thanks for replying. I downloaded the latest version of the tool and followed the steps what you told. When I saw the tree structure again I cant find any procedures,functions,tirggers in that in the Interactive deploy tab. I'm attaching the screenshot of the tree here. Also my assumption is that these pl/sql scripts need to be generated at the time of extraction in the migr folder along with other scripts. But this time also it didn't generate the scripts. Am I missing anything? Please let me know at which stage these pl/sql scripts get generated so that they will be displayed in the tree structure.

Thanks.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        708 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-23T13:43:17Z  in response to Ora2DB2
        Can you please check if you have DB2 9.7 and your registry variable DB2_COMPATIBILITY_VECTOR is set to ORA. Run "db2set -all" command to check.

If not, please follow these steps:

db2set DB2_COMPATIBILITY_VECTOR=ORA
        db2stop force
        db2start
        db2 create db <yourdbname>

and then run the tool.

Please let me know if this solves the problem or not?
        • Ora2DB2
          Ora2DB2
          24 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-23T14:17:25Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Am using DB2 9.5. Even then should I set this value?
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            708 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-23T14:25:26Z  in response to Ora2DB2
            I am sorry - No.

DB2 introduced Oracle compatibility starting DB2 9.7 and now we are at FixPack level - 2 where additional support for Oracle compatibility has been added.

You may want to download the trial version from this link and try this out.

https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/iwm/web/preLogin.do?lang=en_US&source=swg-dm-db297trial
            • Ora2DB2
              Ora2DB2
              24 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-23T14:34:52Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              So that means we cant use IDMT for PL/SQL stuff in DB2 9.5? For this then the better option is to use the old Migration tool kit?
              • SystemAdmin
                SystemAdmin
                708 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-23T14:44:11Z  in response to Ora2DB2
                Correct. You will have to then use MTK for objects but you could still use IDMT for data.
                • Ora2DB2
                  Ora2DB2
                  24 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-23T14:52:14Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                  ok thank you.
  • jbwithers
    jbwithers
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-06-14T18:57:45Z  in response to Ora2DB2
    I'm also having an issue with getting procedures, functions, packages, types, and views extracted from my Oracle database. I am using Interactive Deploy with the IDMT v2.00-b2118

I am using DB2 10 and have verified that I have my compatibility vector set to ORA before creating my target database. My source database is Oracle 11.2 and all objects are valid. I am using type 4 drivers to connect to both source and target.

This post is as close to my issue that I can find right now, are there any suggestions, such as running in a debug mode to see if there is any attempt at getting that info?