Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2010-03-31T14:58:15Z by m_muhammadali
Lora_90
Lora_90
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Hi guys PLZ i need your help

‏2010-03-18T13:44:27Z |
Hello everyone its My first time to join a forum all about Java :p
The reson why I joined this forum is that im studing Java at college ... so I would love if you just help me guys with this java language I think its hard becuse its the first time i learn a computer language pluss my english language is not that much sorry becuse I learned it.
Last week the techer gave us a homework and I tried to do it but its kinda hard I know that I should do it by my self im tring I promise so if anyone can help me with these questions ill be more then happy ...
thank you so much ...

Q1.Write a program that reads data for an employee and prints the name and salary of the employee. The data read is :
a. Name.
b. Number of hours worked.
c. Hourly wage.
Modify the program to read and print data for three employees.

Q2.Write a program that reads the full name of a student; and then prints it in the form: last, first middle initial.
E.g.
Input = Ali Hamad Al-Harbi
Output = Al-Harbi, Ali H.
Q3.Write a program that reads a string of 9 characters; and then forms and prints another string composed of alternating characters of the first string. Ex welecomes  wlcms
Q4.write a program that reads a string composed of 4 alphabetic characters; the program forms another string comosed of alphabetic characters following those in the first string. Print the resulting string.

Ex: input: dlpw output: emqx
Q5.Write a java program that reads two integers into the variables a and b then swaps the values of a and b.

Q6.Write a java program that reads five integers and five doubles. The program prints their total average.

Q7.Write a java program that reads a string and two integer variables a and b then prints the string, square of a and the cube of b.
Updated on 2010-03-31T14:58:15Z at 2010-03-31T14:58:15Z by m_muhammadali
  • Lora_90
    Lora_90
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Hi guys PLZ i need your help

‏2010-03-19T08:11:30Z  in response to Lora_90
    so no one can help ?
    • vskinner
      vskinner
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-26T14:13:31Z  in response to Lora_90
      Hi Lora,
      Have you tried the New to Java Programming section of the developerWorks web site?

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/newto/#8

Hope this helps!
  • m_muhammadali
    m_muhammadali
    9 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-31T14:58:15Z  in response to Lora_90
    Start with your assignment and if you have any specific questions, or specific problems, ask here.

Also you can start from http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/