IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-08-08T17:09:04Z by mburati
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
9029 Posts

Pinned topic calling a page after portal login using WPF

‏2010-03-17T15:48:41Z |
i have created a custom login portlet of WebSphere portal 6.1

now when i click on submit button(in Page builder A) then the call goes to a java(LJO) file for login and the portal login service redirect the request to homepage(myportal)
But before redirecting it to homepage i have to render another page(Page Builder B in same portlet)...so how can i achieve this.

Please suggest!
Updated on 2010-03-18T15:41:49Z at 2010-03-18T15:41:49Z by mburati
  • mburati
    mburati
    2553 Posts

Re: calling a page after portal login using WPF

‏2010-03-17T16:59:01Z  
    I've never built a custom WP login portlet and don't know what's involved in doing so, and it's unclear based on your description what you want to do on that second login portlet page (eg, do you need more info from the user to authenticate them or were you just going to display something there for the user to read?), but my guess is that when you tell the portal login service that the user is authenticated (or ask it to authenticate them) that's when "it" decides to redirect you to the default portal page (not WPF). So it would seem that you would need to defer when you're calling that login service to an action performed from the second login portlet page, no?

..mb1
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    9029 Posts

‏2010-03-18T06:17:14Z  
    • mburati
    • ‏2010-03-17T16:59:01Z
    I've never built a custom WP login portlet and don't know what's involved in doing so, and it's unclear based on your description what you want to do on that second login portlet page (eg, do you need more info from the user to authenticate them or were you just going to display something there for the user to read?), but my guess is that when you tell the portal login service that the user is authenticated (or ask it to authenticate them) that's when "it" decides to redirect you to the default portal page (not WPF). So it would seem that you would need to defer when you're calling that login service to an action performed from the second login portlet page, no?

..mb1
    i m developing the remember me feature in custom login portlet.

In this portlet i have created a view jsp and java(which call login service) file, now what i have done is when the user click submit button(in view jsp page) then the call goes to the java file(LJO) for login then after login(using portal's login service) i have to redirect it to another jsp page which will just set the user information(username & password) in cookies(we will not display anything in 2nd jsp) and after setting the information in cookies it will again redirect the user to /wps/myportal.

If I will not follow the above approach then I have to set the cookies in homepage(wps/myportal) and we have different pages based on user's groups, so there will be huge dependency on these pages...thats why i am trying to create a 2nd jsp page which will play the role of setting the information in cookies and redirecting it to /wps/myportal.

Also suggest me if there is any other best approach to achieve this...
  • mburati
    mburati
    2553 Posts

‏2010-03-18T15:41:49Z  

In this portlet i have created a view jsp and java(which call login service) file, now what i have done is when the user click submit button(in view jsp page) then the call goes to the java file(LJO) for login then after login(using portal's login service) i have to redirect it to another jsp page which will just set the user information(username & password) in cookies(we will not display anything in 2nd jsp) and after setting the information in cookies it will again redirect the user to /wps/myportal.

If I will not follow the above approach then I have to set the cookies in homepage(wps/myportal) and we have different pages based on user's groups, so there will be huge dependency on these pages...thats why i am trying to create a 2nd jsp page which will play the role of setting the information in cookies and redirecting it to /wps/myportal.

As far as going to a second page in portlet factory, any number of the samples that come with WPF and/or are located in the WPF Wiki at
    http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/ should describe that.

As for how to make sure you go to the portal's default page at the right time, I guess that depends on whether you are controlling that via an exlicit redirect you are calling, or whether the login service is doing it for you. I haven't used the login service myself, so I'm not familiar with whether it's providing that access for you.

You might want to take a look at the following registration portlet, to see if it does what you need.
    http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/dw/lotus/idc/portal/gtob/rgtn/registration.html

..mb1
  • kachi
    kachi
    20 Posts

‏2014-08-07T04:58:46Z  

HI SystemAdmin,

I am also developing  remember me feature in my custom login portlet.Can you please throw throw some idea and samples to implement this feature using WEF.

• mburati
    mburati
    2553 Posts

‏2014-08-08T17:09:04Z  
    • kachi
    • ‏2014-08-07T04:58:46Z

HI SystemAdmin,

I am also developing  remember me feature in my custom login portlet.Can you please throw throw some idea and samples to implement this feature using WEF.

Please followup on this new question in the other thread posted with this same question at:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=fc0e8e04-2128-4730-b47d-e603511c01fe&ps=25

Also note, "SystemAdmin" is not an actual user posting here, but appears to be what the forum thread shows when the original poster (user id) of a thread followup no longer exists in the forum system (thus isn't likely reading the topic anymore).

I hope that info helps,

..Mike Burati

http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/

The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.