2 replies Latest Post - ‏2010-10-14T00:10:07Z by graham40
graham40
graham40
127 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic cicsadd.exe problem in Windows XP

‏2010-03-11T00:35:42Z |
Hello again,

Am Windows XP, RDz 7.1.1.4 and TXSeries 6.2.0.1. I update CICS tables via a long but simple batch CMD file part of which contains:

cicsdelete -c pd -r REGION1 -B DD10P01
cicsadd -c pd -r REGION1 -B DD10P01 ^
PathName=c:\ghexetxs\DD10P01.ibmcob ^
ResourceDescription="Main Menu program "
cicsdelete -c td -r REGION1 -B DD1A
cicsadd -c td -r REGION1 -B DD1A ProgName=DD10P01 ^
ResourceDescription="Main Menu program "
cicsdelete -c pd -r REGION1 -B DD10P02
cicsadd -c pd -r REGION1 -B DD10P02 ^
PathName=c:\ghexetxs\DD10P02.ibmcob ^
ResourceDescription="Function Menu program "
and several more

When I run this CMD file for the first time where nothing exists in the CICS tables, it works perfectly and non-stop.

If I rerun it, or parts thereof, every action gives me the 'cicsadd.exe' window as shown in the attached PNG - then I have to decide whether to send the error to Microsoft or not - surely this isn't right?

Is there something wrong with cicsadd/me/Microsoft?

As always, please, thanks,
Graham Hobbs

2nd question (while I'm here or should I submit separately?):

I can find no way to 'talk to CICS' from CMD line stmts or from a Rexx. I would dearly love to code (over simplified):

if exist 'DD10P01 in pd REGION1'
update it
else
add it
end

followed by:

start cicsterm -r REGION1 -td DD1A (something like that, that would invoke the transaction my cicsadd's have just added)

.. can either of these be done?
e.g. I think cicscp gets one to a region but not to a terminal or a transaction.
Updated on 2010-10-14T00:10:07Z at 2010-10-14T00:10:07Z by graham40
  • lakshuraghav
    lakshuraghav
    7 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: cicsadd.exe problem in Windows XP

‏2010-09-21T06:25:18Z  in response to graham40
    Hi Graham Hobbs,

I dont see anything wrong in the commands that you are executing. You can contact IBM support to check why the program is crashing...

To answer your second question, you can talk to cics directly from command line using EPI(External Presentation interface)/ECI(External call interface).

More details about ECI/EPI are here:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cicsuc/v6r0m0/topic/com.ibm.cicsuc600.doc/ccllao0213.htm

You can find a sample program in C:\Program Files\IBM\CICS Universal Client\samples\c\eci

Thanks,
    Raghu
    • graham40
      graham40
      127 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: cicsadd.exe problem in Windows XP

‏2010-10-14T00:10:07Z  in response to lakshuraghav
      Hi Raghu,

Because I generate windows cmd files containing a slew of cicsdeletes and cicsadds regardless of what's in a resource table, I was guided to use a cicsget and generate a simple cicsadd only when a resource entry wasn't there - so that now works! So whether my typical massive attack on a table would still give problems I don't know.

Have read your comments about 'talking to cics' from the cmd line I will be taking a close look at the references offered.

All took a while:-) and I do thank you for your help.

Graham