Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
13 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-08-17T20:32:20Z by SystemAdmin
Jijesh Gopal
Jijesh Gopal
6 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to configure websphere commerce 7 info center locally (Offline)

‏2010-03-10T11:03:24Z |
How to configure websphere commerce 7 info center locally (Offline)
Updated on 2011-08-17T20:32:20Z at 2011-08-17T20:32:20Z by SystemAdmin
  • viennh
    viennh
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to configure websphere commerce 7 info center locally (Offline)

‏2010-03-11T02:17:59Z  in response to Jijesh Gopal
    Hi Jijesh,

After download and extract the WCE info center package to your locally, go to the bin directory and change the WCS_HOME and JAVA_HOME to the absoluted path on your PC like that:

call "%~dp0setenv.bat"
    set WCS_HOME=D:\WC7\WebSphere\CommerceServer70
    set WC_HELP_DIR=%WCS_HOME%\CommerceHelpSystem
    set WC_ECLIPSE_DIR=%WC_HELP_DIR%\eclipse

"C:\Java\jdk1.6.0_04\bin\java" -classpath "D:\WC7\WebSphere\CommerceServer70\CommerceHelpSystem\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.help.base_3.3.100.v20080617\helpbase.jar" org.eclipse.help.standalone.Infocenter -eclipsehome "D:\WC7\WebSphere\CommerceServer70\CommerceHelpSystem\eclipse" -command start -plugincustomization plugins\com.ibm.commerce.base.doc\plugin_customization.ini -port %PORT% -clean -noexec true -vmargs -Xmx256M

Hope that help.

Thanks,
    Vien
    • Jijesh Gopal
      Jijesh Gopal
      6 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-11T05:46:37Z  in response to viennh
      Hi Vien,
      After Installing WCS 7 Prof Dev (Windows xp). I am not able to find out "WC_installdir/bin/startHelp.bat" . This file is using for starting the WebSphere Commerce Information Center.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wchelp/v7r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.commerce.admin.doc/tasks/tsrwcic.htm

Thanks,
      Jijesh
      • viennh
        viennh
        6 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-11T08:59:28Z  in response to Jijesh Gopal
        Hi Jijesh,

I have not installed WCE developer on my PC yet. However, you can download my WCE Info center package (I copy from my WCE Enterprise Server)
        http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1X1P809A

Hope that help.

Thank you,
        Vien
        • Jijesh Gopal
          Jijesh Gopal
          6 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-11T12:07:43Z  in response to viennh
          Hi Vien,
          Configured. Thanks Vien thanx alot.

Regards
          Jijesh
          • Jijesh Gopal
            Jijesh Gopal
            6 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-11T13:14:06Z  in response to Jijesh Gopal
            Hi Vien,

But offline most of the pages are not displaying.
            Topic not found

The topic that you have requested is not available. The link may be wrong, or you may not have the corresponding product feature installed. This online help only includes documentation for features that are installed.
            Regards
            Jijesh
            • viennh
              viennh
              6 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-23T10:37:24Z  in response to Jijesh Gopal
              Hi Jijesh,

Please go to http://www-01.ibm.com/software/genservers/commerce/commercestudio/lit-tech-general-be-en.html to download IBM Websphere Commerce Developer package (67MB)

Then extract this ZIP file into CommerceServer70\CommerceHelpSystem\eclipse\plugins folder.
              Start help center to enjoy help offline.

Good luck,
              Vien
              • SystemAdmin
                SystemAdmin
                8614 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-12-23T13:24:16Z  in response to viennh
                The link above is for V6. I couldn't find download for V7. Is it available?
  • MikeHoffman
    MikeHoffman
    32 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-12-28T20:20:48Z  in response to Jijesh Gopal
    Ive posted a separate topic for this (sorry, didnt see this right away). The zip file to download for WC7 is in the following location:

ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/websphere/commerce/70/7001/WebSphereCommerceInfoCenter11-23-2010.zip

The instructions I got from IBM were:

Stop the help system, extract and replace the files in the CommerceHelpSystem\eclipse\plugins directory.
    Delete the CommerceHelpSystem\eclipse\workspace directory
    Restart the help system.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      8614 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-12-30T05:49:19Z  in response to MikeHoffman
      The instructions are also given in info center:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wchelp/v7r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.commerce.base.doc/tasks/tovlocalhelp.htm
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        8614 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-01-03T14:14:03Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Thanks.
        • mgrygles
          mgrygles
          2 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-01-17T21:01:47Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          As an FYI, it appears that if you have WC info center installed locally on your FEP-1 toolkit, you may run into a problem during the upgrade to FEP-2 in which the Installation Manager would just abort without leaving much of a hint. The only alternative that I've found out (so far) is to de-install my local info center before re-starting my FEP-2 upgrade.
          • TedChau
            TedChau
            1 Post
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-01-25T19:31:15Z  in response to mgrygles
            I ran into this problem as well. I had to uninstall the local infocenter in order to run IBM Installation Manager.

More info can be found at http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21415770.
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              8614 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-08-17T20:32:20Z  in response to TedChau
              Is it possible to download the infocenter and use it outside the RAD/Eclipse environment - i.e as nothing more than a local replica of the online HTML pages?

If this is possible, there will be no conflict with using the Installation manager for updates.