Topic
  • No replies
DB2ForumPost
DB2ForumPost
1 Post

Pinned topic Find DB2 job name from system tables in DB2 database

‏2010-03-10T08:26:10Z |
Hi,

I am basically a Microsoft SQL Server DBA. I am relatively new to DB2 database.

I would like to know if we can find out the name of the system table in DB2 database, which holds the list of all DB2 jobs that are present on particular DB2 database server. Usually system tables are the ones which are created and maintained internally by the database itself . (This is the concept in Microsoft SQL Server ). Also I would like to know the name of the system table which holds the schedules of jobs like system table msdb..sysjobhistory in MS SQL Server.

Usually in SQL Server, the list of all jobs is stored in a system table and if we run a SELECT query against the SYSTEM table, it tells the list of all jobs that are present on that SQL Server Instance. That system table name is sysjobs , which is present on the system database named msdb. So for example, it would be SELECT name FROM MSDB..SYSJOBS

I basically understand that DB2 is of 2 types .One is open-systems and 2nd type where DB2 is installed on MainframeServer and hence Mainframe DB2. In case of MainFrame Db2, I think the jobs are at the operating system level (Z/os) and is scheduled via the operating system , whereas in-case of open-systems (anything other than Mainframe Server), is there a concept of database job in Db2 database.
Basically I would like to find out what is the name of the job in DB2 database which runs an UPDATE statement against our table TableA
Kindly help me in this regard.