2 replies Latest Post - ‏2010-03-08T09:39:17Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
147 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic launch of model verifier failed

‏2010-03-08T04:58:55Z |
Hi,
I am very new to tau development environment.i have completed my build. But when i go for launch, i gets this error.
please guide me.
Updated on 2010-03-08T09:39:17Z at 2010-03-08T09:39:17Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    147 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: launch of model verifier failed

‏2010-03-08T09:32:54Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi

This could be due to error(s) in your model, or maybe you haven't got a supported C compiler/linker installed and correctly configured. The model must be error-free and you must have a correctly working C compiler to use the Model Verifier.

To confirm that your C compiler is installed and configured correctly, it is useful to start with one of the samples shipped with Tau because they don't have errors. Create a new project by selecting File->New then in the New dialog select the Samples tab and choose UmlVerificationCoffeeMachine and click OK. Expand the model view Model then CMDesign and select artifact_cm, right-click->Build(Model Verifier)->Launch. If this doesn't work your compiler isn't correctly installed and configured.

If you have a compiler installed, the most common problem is that it isn't configured correctly. What you are aiming for is that you should be able to compile and link a C program (e.g. print Hello, World) from the command line, so the path to the compiler binaries must be in the PATH environment variable, and any additional include/link/library environment variables must be configured. For Visual Studio the quickest fix is usually to create a desktop shortcut which runs the Visual Studio vsvars32.bat and then launches Tau. For example I have a shortcut on my desktop which runs the command:
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools\vsvars32.bat" & "C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\TAU\4.3\bin\VCS.EXE"

If you have errors in your model you can find them using Check. The best plan is to start small - get something basic working - and repeatedly test and enhance it in the best agile tradition. Starting with one of the samples like UmlVerificationCoffeeMachine is also a good idea.

HTH
    Ian
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      147 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: launch of model verifier failed

‏2010-03-08T09:39:17Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      It might also be firewall problems because various parts of Tau create tcp/ip server sockets - you must allow them to do this or MV won't work.