Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-10-06T21:27:45Z by D0XM_Miguel_S._Cartagenova_M.
Jethro_Jerson
Jethro_Jerson
1 Post

Pinned topic ILOG Rules for .Net 7 Getting Started Tutorial

‏2010-03-02T10:48:07Z |
Hello everyone,

From this link

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/brdotnet/v7r0m2/index.jsp

The online documentation for ILOG Rules for .Net 7.0.2 really gave me the basic fundamental of the tool. I believe it will give me more only if I could find the MiniLoan web application which was use in the Getting Started section.

Could anyone tell me where to get the MiniLoan web application? I have been trying to find the application the whole day but nothing was found.

Thanks in advance.

DAV
Updated on 2010-10-06T21:27:45Z at 2010-10-06T21:27:45Z by D0XM_Miguel_S._Cartagenova_M.
  • YourBuddyBill
    YourBuddyBill
    2 Posts

Re: ILOG Rules for .Net 7 Getting Started Tutorial

‏2010-06-10T18:03:27Z  
    I am also looking for the demo.sln or \MiniLoan\ directory. Full search of my drive including system and hidden files, no joy. It is not under \Program Files\IBM\Websphere\Rules for .NET\Rule Studio for .NET\Tutorials.

The trial (rulesdotnet702.trial.exe)installs 448mb of 7731 files in 630 folders under \Program Files\IBM\Websphere. Unclear which subroot of that is considered the <InstallDir> (see http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/brdotnet/v7r0m2/topic/com.ibm.websphere.ilog.brdotnet.doc/Content/Business_Rules/Documentation/_pubskel/Rules_for_DotNET/ps_RFDN_Global40.html). Perhaps the getting started tutorial is a separate download, I will look around for that.
  • YourBuddyBill
    YourBuddyBill
    2 Posts

‏2010-07-12T15:28:02Z  
    I am also looking for the demo.sln or \MiniLoan\ directory. Full search of my drive including system and hidden files, no joy. It is not under \Program Files\IBM\Websphere\Rules for .NET\Rule Studio for .NET\Tutorials.

The trial (rulesdotnet702.trial.exe)installs 448mb of 7731 files in 630 folders under \Program Files\IBM\Websphere. Unclear which subroot of that is considered the <InstallDir> (see http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/brdotnet/v7r0m2/topic/com.ibm.websphere.ilog.brdotnet.doc/Content/Business_Rules/Documentation/_pubskel/Rules_for_DotNET/ps_RFDN_Global40.html). Perhaps the getting started tutorial is a separate download, I will look around for that.
    Never mind, I had installed the 64bit 7.0.2 trial edition, which during installation does NOT include ILOG Rule Studio for .NET and its tutorials. (Does have Rule Execution Server for .NET, Rule Solutions for Office, Rule Team Server for .NET, and Rules for .NET Documentation). The 32bit 7.0.2 trial will not install on 64bit Windows Server 2008 R2.
  • D0XM_Miguel_S._Cartagenova_M.
    1 Post

‏2010-10-06T21:27:45Z  
    Hi Folks i was in the same problem, the solution was quite easy...

If you recall the steps of the installation it was all scripted so no additional features were installed

To fix that you should go to "Programs & Features" or "Add or remove programs", from the list of software installed on your PC select "ILOG Rules for .net" and change the installation

When the installer launches yo can select all the missing features like miniloan samples

Best Regards

Miguel