3 replies Latest Post - ‏2010-04-01T20:37:11Z by SystemAdmin
diRiesco
diRiesco
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic TWS LoadLeveler Web-based User Interface login fails

‏2010-03-01T15:42:04Z |
Hello all,
I'm installing a loadleveler cluster, when i try to access through https://+hostname+/ibm/console/, i see the wellcome screen but i can't access with local users.
I've read that "On AIX and Linux, the Web application server will use the native PAM service to provide user authentication" but i don't know how configure this for use local users.

Can someone help me?
Updated on 2010-04-01T20:37:11Z at 2010-04-01T20:37:11Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    46 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: TWS LoadLeveler Web-based User Interface login fails

‏2010-03-08T20:30:10Z  in response to diRiesco
    Do you see " Login failed. Check the user ID and password and try again. " when you try to login?

To confirm pam setup is the problem check the error log in /opt/IBM/ll/webui/log for messages similar to this:
    2010/03/08 10:47:12.243 SEVERE ALR0109E: Could not authenticate user ptrimble. :
    :class.method=com.ibm.security.jaas2pam.Jaas2PamLoginModule.login() ::thread=HttpServer : 3 ::loggername=com.ibm.lwi.security

javax.security.auth.login.FailedLoginException: ALR0111E: Invalid user or password.
    at com.ibm.security.jaas2pam.Jaas2PamLoginModule.processPamStatus(Jaas2PamLoginModule.java:392)

Are you seeing the problem on AIX or Linux? On AIX, add these entries to /etc/pam.conf:

#
    # PAM configuration file /etc/pam.conf
    #
    login auth required /usr/lib/security/pam_aix
    login account required /usr/lib/security/pam_aix
    login session required /usr/lib/security/pam_aix
    login password required /usr/lib/security/pam_aix

On Linux, be sure you have the 32-bit version of pam_auth.so in /lib/security.
  • diRiesco
    diRiesco
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-31T13:33:35Z  in response to diRiesco
    Yes, I see: "Login failed. Check the user ID and password and try again. ".
    My OS is RHEL5 and i've installed pam-0.99.6.2-6.el5.i386.rpm but pam_auth.so not exists in /lib/security.

I've attached the content of /lib/security.

any idea?
    Thanks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    46 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-01T20:37:11Z  in response to diRiesco
    Check for /lib/libpam*, instead of pam_auth.so.

The login was not successful because two applications were using the same port. The port number was changed in the LLWebUI and now login succeeds.