Topic
15 replies Latest Post - ‏2010-06-30T22:19:29Z by mowusua
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic User Authentication from Both Active directory and Database in Portal v6.1

‏2010-02-15T10:01:21Z |
Hi all,

Please help me out in resolving following issue.
I have requirement of authenticating users from both database and also ActiveDirectory(Using LDAP).
Some users are in Active Directory(AD) and some are in DB.I have done ldap for portal,now allusers of AD are able to login into portal,but now
i have to authenticate users from DB also.
Is their any solution for it so that i can customize the Login Portlet of Portal to authenticate users from DB also?

regards
Sailaxman
Updated on 2010-06-30T22:19:29Z at 2010-06-30T22:19:29Z by mowusua
  • mowusua
    mowusua
    41 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: User Authentication from Both Active directory and Database in Portal v6.1

‏2010-03-01T02:11:14Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Sailaxman

Is this still an isses .. sorry no one has not responded for a while
  • mowusua
    mowusua
    41 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-01T02:11:27Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Sailaxman

Is this still an isses .. sorry no one has not responded for a while
    • mowusua
      mowusua
      41 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-01T02:37:22Z  in response to mowusua
      Sailaxman,
      Let me know if that link suffices. Otherwise plase let us know where things stand and how else we can help.If you alreadxy have a pmr opened let us what the number is
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        7 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-16T17:53:35Z  in response to mowusua
        Hi,

I did not got the solution yet..i am trying to create a custom login portlet, if you have any other better solution please let me know.
        Thanks
        Sailaxman
        • mowusua
          mowusua
          41 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-31T21:38:04Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          So where does this stand at the moment. I see you have the same questions in various forums. Would you clarify what exactly you are doing and where we may help
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            7 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-13T02:46:52Z  in response to mowusua
            Hi,

I have requirement of authenticating users from both database(DB2) and also ActiveDirectory(Using LDAP).
            Some users are in Active Directory(AD) and some are in DB.I have done ldap for portal,now all users of AD are able to login into portal,but now i have to authenticate users from DB also.

Which is the best feasible solution for it,please send me any document if you have any.

regards
            Sailaxman
            • mowusua
              mowusua
              41 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-06-01T03:01:11Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              Sailaxman

Is this still an issues . please describe current status
            • mowusua
              mowusua
              41 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-06-01T03:04:36Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              Sailaxman

Have you considered opening a call with IBM support so this can be thoroughly reviewed through official channels. It may bring this to a quicker resolution
            • mowusua
              mowusua
              41 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-06-01T03:05:02Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              ailaxman

Have you considered opening a call with IBM support so this can be thoroughly reviewed through official channels. It may bring this to a quicker resolution
              • SystemAdmin
                SystemAdmin
                7 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-06-11T11:48:29Z  in response to mowusua
                This issue is still pending not yet resolved.
                • mowusua
                  mowusua
                  41 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-06-30T21:51:08Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                  Salaxman,
                  What exactly are you in your processes. Did you ever open a pmr with IBM ?
                  • mowusua
                    mowusua
                    41 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-06-30T22:04:39Z  in response to mowusua
                    Please supply as much details as possible so we can be as helpful as possible
                • mowusua
                  mowusua
                  41 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-06-30T22:19:29Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                  It does appear this issues going in circles without identifying the main or cores issues at work here
  • mowusua
    mowusua
    41 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-01T02:33:35Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    In any case here is what you need

Adding a database user registry on i5/OS
  • mowusua
    mowusua
    41 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-03-01T02:34:53Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    In any case here is what you need

Adding a database user registry on i5/OS