Topic
  • 15 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-06-30T22:19:29Z by mowusua
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7 Posts

Pinned topic User Authentication from Both Active directory and Database in Portal v6.1

‏2010-02-15T10:01:21Z |
Hi all,

Please help me out in resolving following issue.
I have requirement of authenticating users from both database and also ActiveDirectory(Using LDAP).
Some users are in Active Directory(AD) and some are in DB.I have done ldap for portal,now allusers of AD are able to login into portal,but now
i have to authenticate users from DB also.
Is their any solution for it so that i can customize the Login Portlet of Portal to authenticate users from DB also?

regards
Sailaxman
Updated on 2010-06-30T22:19:29Z at 2010-06-30T22:19:29Z by mowusua
  • mowusua
    mowusua
    41 Posts

Re: User Authentication from Both Active directory and Database in Portal v6.1

‏2010-03-01T02:11:14Z  
    Sailaxman

Is this still an isses .. sorry no one has not responded for a while
  • mowusua
    mowusua
    41 Posts

‏2010-03-01T02:11:27Z  
    Sailaxman

• mowusua
    mowusua
    41 Posts

‏2010-03-01T02:33:35Z  
    In any case here is what you need

Adding a database user registry on i5/OS
  • mowusua
    mowusua
    41 Posts

‏2010-03-01T02:34:53Z  
    In any case here is what you need

Adding a database user registry on i5/OS
  • mowusua
    mowusua
    41 Posts

‏2010-03-01T02:37:22Z  
    • mowusua
    • ‏2010-03-01T02:11:27Z
    Sailaxman

Sailaxman,
    Let me know if that link suffices. Otherwise plase let us know where things stand and how else we can help.If you alreadxy have a pmr opened let us what the number is
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7 Posts

‏2010-03-16T17:53:35Z  
    • mowusua
    • ‏2010-03-01T02:37:22Z
    Sailaxman,
    Let me know if that link suffices. Otherwise plase let us know where things stand and how else we can help.If you alreadxy have a pmr opened let us what the number is
    Hi,

I did not got the solution yet..i am trying to create a custom login portlet, if you have any other better solution please let me know.
    Thanks
    Sailaxman
  • mowusua
    mowusua
    41 Posts

‏2010-03-31T21:38:04Z  
    Hi,

I did not got the solution yet..i am trying to create a custom login portlet, if you have any other better solution please let me know.
    Thanks
    Sailaxman
    So where does this stand at the moment. I see you have the same questions in various forums. Would you clarify what exactly you are doing and where we may help
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7 Posts

‏2010-04-13T02:46:52Z  
    • mowusua
    • ‏2010-03-31T21:38:04Z
    So where does this stand at the moment. I see you have the same questions in various forums. Would you clarify what exactly you are doing and where we may help
    Hi,

I have requirement of authenticating users from both database(DB2) and also ActiveDirectory(Using LDAP).
    Some users are in Active Directory(AD) and some are in DB.I have done ldap for portal,now all users of AD are able to login into portal,but now i have to authenticate users from DB also.

Which is the best feasible solution for it,please send me any document if you have any.

regards
    Sailaxman
  • mowusua
    mowusua
    41 Posts

‏2010-06-01T03:01:11Z  
    Hi,

I have requirement of authenticating users from both database(DB2) and also ActiveDirectory(Using LDAP).
    Some users are in Active Directory(AD) and some are in DB.I have done ldap for portal,now all users of AD are able to login into portal,but now i have to authenticate users from DB also.

Which is the best feasible solution for it,please send me any document if you have any.

regards
    Sailaxman
    Sailaxman

Is this still an issues . please describe current status
  • mowusua
    mowusua
    41 Posts

‏2010-06-01T03:04:36Z  
    Hi,

regards
    Sailaxman
    Sailaxman

Have you considered opening a call with IBM support so this can be thoroughly reviewed through official channels. It may bring this to a quicker resolution
  • mowusua
    mowusua
    41 Posts

‏2010-06-01T03:05:02Z  
    Hi,

regards
    Sailaxman
    ailaxman

Have you considered opening a call with IBM support so this can be thoroughly reviewed through official channels. It may bring this to a quicker resolution
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7 Posts

‏2010-06-11T11:48:29Z  
    • mowusua
    • ‏2010-06-01T03:05:02Z
    ailaxman

This issue is still pending not yet resolved.
  • mowusua
    mowusua
    41 Posts

‏2010-06-30T21:51:08Z  
    Salaxman,
    What exactly are you in your processes. Did you ever open a pmr with IBM ?
  • mowusua
    mowusua
    41 Posts

‏2010-06-30T22:04:39Z  
    • mowusua
    • ‏2010-06-30T21:51:08Z
    Salaxman,
    What exactly are you in your processes. Did you ever open a pmr with IBM ?
    Please supply as much details as possible so we can be as helpful as possible
  • mowusua
    mowusua
    41 Posts

‏2010-06-30T22:19:29Z  
    It does appear this issues going in circles without identifying the main or cores issues at work here