• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-10-26T19:37:11Z by TigerTrix
Paradigm
Paradigm
3 Posts

Pinned topic OperationNotSupportedException / CM 8.4.1 + some WS libs missing

‏2010-02-11T09:54:51Z |
Hi

First, let me know if this is correct. I am using IBM Content Manager 8.4.1 as repository and have just installed the CMIS connector for II4C. It created some system itemTypes to work with. I watched the YouTube material and tried the Firefox poster as told. I noticed that it is not possible to create folder or import documents to ICMNLSDB root or previously defined CM itemTypes (under "ALLITEMTYPES_LIB" folder/collection under root), is this correct (is the reason simply the data model and its restriction or behavior of the CMIS connector?)?

Ok, so I tried to create folder to CMIS created "defaultLib" folder/collection (don't know the vocabulary in detail). That went ok and worked as in YouTube video. Then I tried to create the empty document to that folder. I receive OperationNotSupportedException:

com.ibm.ecm.cmis.app.exceptions.OperationNotSupportedException: This operation failed.

com.ibm.ecm.cmis.app.exceptions.OperationNotSupportedException: This operation failed.
at com.ibm.ecm.cmis.app.cmis.Content.DoPostForContentType_CreateNew(Content.java:342)
at com.ibm.ecm.cmis.app.cmis.Content.DoPostForContentType_CreateNewOrMove(Content.java:465)
at com.ibm.ecm.cmis.app.cmis.ContentFlat.post(ContentFlat.java:101)
at com.ibm.ecm.cmis.app.servlet.CMISServlet.doPost(CMISServlet.java:144)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:763)
at com.ibm.ecm.cmis.app.servlet.ParamMappingServlet.service(ParamMappingServlet.java:250)
at com.ibm.ecm.cmis.app.servlet.CMISServlet.service(CMISServlet.java:360)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1095)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1036)
at
and so on...
----

It is 405 so no error, it seems like behavior of the interface or repository. Also I cannot "drag and drop" -import items from Firefox CMIS plugin either as it tries until timeouts and gives error 500. Only way I could put document to that created folder, was by IBM WEBi (I added the previously created document in old CM itemType to "Default Folder Item Type"-folder I created by Poster. That succeeded and I could view it from Firefox CMIS plugin. This kinda indicates that the problem might be with the CMIS connector. Is importing supported by the Tech Preview version?

Also I noticed that there is no WebService WSDL address in cm8cmis frontpage. Is there WS-interface in CM version or is it just in P8 version? One thing that might affect this is the error I started to get after installing the WAR. It has something to do with JAXB I think. When I stop the WAS server with stopServer.sh, I get:

Could not find matching export for Import-Package: org.apache.axiom.soap.impl.dom.soap12; version="0.0.0"
Could not find matching export for Import-Package: org.apache.axiom.soap; version="0.0.0"
Could not find matching export for Import-Package: org.apache.axis2.addressing; version="0.0.0"
Could not find matching export for Import-Package: org.apache.axis2.context; version="0.0.0"
Could not find matching export for Import-Package: org.apache.axis2; version="0.0.0"
Could not find matching export for Import-Package: org.apache.sandesha2.storage.beans; version="0.0.0"
Could not find matching export for Import-Package: org.apache.sandesha2.storage; version="0.0.0"
Could not find matching export for Import-Package: org.apache.sandesha2.util; version="0.0.0"
Could not find matching export for Import-Package: org.apache.sandesha2.wsrm; version="0.0.0"
Could not find matching export for Import-Package: org.apache.sandesha2; version="0.0.0"

I wonder if I am missing some libraries or what. Anyway the WebServices part of CMIS is something that I am also interested in as it might be used in future integrations.

So there's 2 separate problems. Would appreciate feedback on either of them

Cheers

Anton
Updated on 2010-10-26T19:37:11Z at 2010-10-26T19:37:11Z by TigerTrix
  • Paradigm
    Paradigm
    3 Posts

Re: OperationNotSupportedException / CM 8.4.1 + some WS libs missing

‏2010-02-11T11:02:07Z  
    I tried Nuxeo open CMIS repository at cmis.demo.nuxeo.org with the Firefox plugin and that worked ok. The problem is with the CMIS connector or the underlying WebSphere

I am using:

AIX 5.3
    WAS 6.1.0.19 (tried to fix pack to fp29, installation went fine but the level did not change, strange...)

I believe the thing with mismatched axiom and other libs might be the core of the problem.

-Anton
  • Dave Sanders
    Dave Sanders
    8 Posts

‏2010-02-13T02:04:14Z  
    The OperationNotSupportedException can occur when creating a CM8 document without content. Insert
    <atom:content type="text">simple content</atom:content> in the POST entry. An example is attached. By the way, the next refresh of the CMIS Technology Preview will not require content.

As you mentioned, CM8 CMIS's repository root and ALLITEMTYPES_LIB folders are read-only.

You also asked about web services. The current Tech Preview supports REST. An upcoming refresh will support Web services for version 1.0 of the CMIS spec.
  • Paradigm
    Paradigm
    3 Posts

‏2010-02-17T15:11:17Z  
    The OperationNotSupportedException can occur when creating a CM8 document without content. Insert
    <atom:content type="text">simple content</atom:content> in the POST entry. An example is attached. By the way, the next refresh of the CMIS Technology Preview will not require content.

As you mentioned, CM8 CMIS's repository root and ALLITEMTYPES_LIB folders are read-only.

You also asked about web services. The current Tech Preview supports REST. An upcoming refresh will support Web services for version 1.0 of the CMIS spec.
    This helped, thanks!
  • TigerTrix
    TigerTrix
    30 Posts

‏2010-10-26T19:37:11Z  
    • Paradigm
    • ‏2010-02-17T15:11:17Z
    This helped, thanks!
    Fyi - the CM8 technology preview for October 2010 has now been posted. It includes a significant update for the 1.0 spec level.