Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-02-09T21:35:41Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
532 Posts

Pinned topic Error creating data source for SQL Server

‏2010-02-03T15:36:23Z |
I'm testing the SQL Server connectivity locally in a vmware image. I have Portal 6.1.5 installed and SQL Server Express 2005. SQL Server seems to only use Windows authentication, so I'm not sure if that's part of the problem. All install are using default configuration. I'm getting java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ddtek.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource when trying to use the Data Direct Connect JDBC driver. I confirmed that the 4 jar files are in the correct directory and hardcoded the path. Do I need to download jars to get this to work? Please see screenshots for details.
Updated on 2010-02-09T21:35:41Z at 2010-02-09T21:35:41Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    532 Posts

Re: Error creating data source for SQL Server

‏2010-02-04T19:37:03Z  
    SQL Server Express supports SQL Authentication as well you should open up the management studio express and try to set that up first.

In the management studio express Do:
    Security node>>right click sa>>Properties>>Status>>Login>>enabled>>General>>Change the password>>OK
    right click the server node>>Properties>>Security>>SQL Server and Windows Authentication>>OK

And try again good luck
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    532 Posts

‏2010-02-05T23:18:43Z  
    SQL Server Express supports SQL Authentication as well you should open up the management studio express and try to set that up first.

In the management studio express Do:
    Security node>>right click sa>>Properties>>Status>>Login>>enabled>>General>>Change the password>>OK
    right click the server node>>Properties>>Security>>SQL Server and Windows Authentication>>OK

And try again good luck
    Thanks Juan for your response. I am now able to login to SQL Server using sa. So I've updated the J2C authentication data using sa as the userid. However, I still have the same error
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    532 Posts

‏2010-02-09T21:35:41Z  
    Thanks Juan for your response. I am now able to login to SQL Server using sa. So I've updated the J2C authentication data using sa as the userid. However, I still have the same error
    Do you have the right instance?

In sql express you've got to do something like:

.\sqlexpress
    (local)\sqlexpress

Because SQL Express doesn't like remote connections.
    Also SQL Express runs under a specific instance you can't just put the IP Address down.