Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-11-27T12:08:30Z by JimmyFerreira
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
30895 Posts

Pinned topic Cannot start Sametime System Console Application

‏2010-01-29T21:59:03Z |
Hello. I am completely new to Websphere and Sametime.

I tried to install ST8.5 on Websphere and followed the instructions step-by-step.
I have managed to install the Meeting Server and System Console and everything was working fine until I rebooted the server and the continued with the Media Manager installation.

After the server rebooted I realized that I could not get the Websphere server and Applications, specifically Sametime System Console running.

I looked in the logs startServer.log and SystemOut.log and found the error message:

http://Startserver.log
ADMU3011E: Server launched but failed initialization. startServer.log, SystemOut.log(or job log in zOS) and other log files under C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\STSCAppProfile\logs\STConsoleServer should contain failure information.
http://SystemOut.log
00000000 WsServerImpl E WSVR0009E: Error occurred during startup
com.ibm.ws.exception.RuntimeError: com.ibm.ejs.EJSException: Could not register with Location Service Daemon, which could only reside in the NodeAgent. Make sure the NodeAgent for this node is up and running.; nested exception is:
org.omg.CORBA.ORBPackage.InvalidName: LocationService:org.omg.CORBA.TRANSIENT: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect:host=st85cmp.intranet.gr,port=9900 vmcid: IBM minor code: E02 completed: No

Can someone help me out? I really cannot understand why something is working and after a reboot all of a sudden such problems appear...

Thanks in advance.
Updated on 2010-02-08T16:45:59Z at 2010-02-08T16:45:59Z by SystemAdmin
  • decoursey
    decoursey
    148 Posts

Re: Cannot start Sametime System Console Application

‏2010-02-01T19:56:58Z  
    Looks like you may have two issues here.
    1. Are you able to telnet into the server st85cmp.intranet.gr on port 9900 and make sure that port is not in use now.
    2. Regarding the Corba, I would also check for the Loacation Deamon port is not is use. In most cases, when the server is restarted, the java process sometimes hangs around and needs to be killed before a restart.
    If the java process is still active, it may be holding onto the port the LSD needs.

Hope this helps.
  • katten02
    katten02
    1 Post

‏2010-02-01T20:07:16Z  
    Hi, try to start the node agent before you start the server.

Janne
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    30895 Posts

‏2010-02-01T20:21:14Z  
    • katten02
    • ‏2010-02-01T20:07:16Z
    Hi, try to start the node agent before you start the server.

Janne
    Thanks both for your feedback. It was actually as simple as "starting the node agent before starting the server" solution.

Thanks again.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    30895 Posts

‏2010-02-08T14:23:33Z  
    Thanks both for your feedback. It was actually as simple as "starting the node agent before starting the server" solution.

Thanks again.
    Hi there!

I have the exact same problem you had.
    Unfortunately I'm only a Domino administrator and not versed in WAS administration so the Solution: "start the node first" means as much to me as it would in Klingon (yes, I'm frustrated with my first encounter with WAS).

I have been following the instructions to the letter from the LotusSphere 2010 presentation "SHOW201 - Installation and Setup of IBM Lotus Sametime 8.5 From Zero to Hero in Just Two Hours".

My Sametime system Console is not starting and I got the same error as you in systemout.log about the node.
    Still I got nothing in services named IBM, websphere or sametime.

The only profiles in WAS I have is: STSCAppProfile and STSCDMgrProfile
    I can not find any shortcuts to anything for starting a "node" except in <AppServer>\bin where I found a .bat file called startnode.bat

I have gone through the Sametime 8.5 Infocenter but have not found any help.
    Basically if I restart the ST system console server nothing seem to start.

It would be extremely appreciated if you could help me with more details so I can continue with this installation.

Thanks in advance.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    30895 Posts

‏2010-02-08T14:50:52Z  
    Hi there!

I have the exact same problem you had.
    Unfortunately I'm only a Domino administrator and not versed in WAS administration so the Solution: "start the node first" means as much to me as it would in Klingon (yes, I'm frustrated with my first encounter with WAS).

I have been following the instructions to the letter from the LotusSphere 2010 presentation "SHOW201 - Installation and Setup of IBM Lotus Sametime 8.5 From Zero to Hero in Just Two Hours".

My Sametime system Console is not starting and I got the same error as you in systemout.log about the node.
    Still I got nothing in services named IBM, websphere or sametime.

The only profiles in WAS I have is: STSCAppProfile and STSCDMgrProfile
    I can not find any shortcuts to anything for starting a "node" except in <AppServer>\bin where I found a .bat file called startnode.bat

I have gone through the Sametime 8.5 Infocenter but have not found any help.
    Basically if I restart the ST system console server nothing seem to start.

It would be extremely appreciated if you could help me with more details so I can continue with this installation.

Thanks in advance.
    hi again!

for any frustrated Domino person trying to install sametime 8.5 this helped me.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=216850

Basically I created a "Node Agent" Service by cutting/pasting the line below into a command window while standing in the Appserver\bin directory

The only thing oyu may have to change is the directory structure, and the word: STSCAppProfile that is the profile name in question.

WASService -add NodeAgent -serverName nodeagent -profilePath "C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\STSCAppProfile" -wasHome "C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer" -logRoot "C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\STSCAppProfile\logs\nodeagent" -LogFile "C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\STSCAppProfile\logs\nodeagent\startServer.log" -restart true

After doing this I got a new service called "IBM Websphere Application Server V7.0 - NodeAgent"
    By starting it (and putting it as automatic) and then using the Program link to "start Server" for STSCAppProfile. I got it to work.

A test is to login to the Integrated Solutions Console and go to Sametime System Console\Sametime Servers. Then select for instance "Sametime Meeting Server".
    If you got a Red varning up top saying the Sametime System Console Server isn't started then you still got a problem.

Also in the LS Presentation at Page 94 where you are installing the Sametime Community server I had to "uncheck" the "sll" option to be able to move forward.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    30895 Posts

‏2010-02-08T16:45:59Z  
    hi again!

for any frustrated Domino person trying to install sametime 8.5 this helped me.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=216850

Basically I created a "Node Agent" Service by cutting/pasting the line below into a command window while standing in the Appserver\bin directory

The only thing oyu may have to change is the directory structure, and the word: STSCAppProfile that is the profile name in question.

WASService -add NodeAgent -serverName nodeagent -profilePath "C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\STSCAppProfile" -wasHome "C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer" -logRoot "C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\STSCAppProfile\logs\nodeagent" -LogFile "C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\STSCAppProfile\logs\nodeagent\startServer.log" -restart true

After doing this I got a new service called "IBM Websphere Application Server V7.0 - NodeAgent"
    By starting it (and putting it as automatic) and then using the Program link to "start Server" for STSCAppProfile. I got it to work.

A test is to login to the Integrated Solutions Console and go to Sametime System Console\Sametime Servers. Then select for instance "Sametime Meeting Server".
    If you got a Red varning up top saying the Sametime System Console Server isn't started then you still got a problem.

Also in the LS Presentation at Page 94 where you are installing the Sametime Community server I had to "uncheck" the "sll" option to be able to move forward.
    Hi Daniel.

Its good to know that I am not the only one out there experiencing such problems. My situation is exactly like yours : I know Domino but I have no clue about WAS. I am also happy that I am not the only one that thinks that after installing a product it is at least weird that services are not created on windows and I have to execute some .bat files.

In any case, you can follow the link http://www.iminstant.com/iminstant/iminstant.nsf/d6plinks/CTYR-7Z2GV2 . You can find there a very good tool that creates all these services in windows and starts them automatically after every reboot.

That helped me a lot and since it is working pretty good, I have not investigated any further.

If your have resolved this issue, maybe you can help me with a further issue I am experiencing: I seem to have an issue with logging in the new meetings room. Although I put my crdentials to log in, I get no error, but still the "log in" link appears at the top.
    Are you experiencing any problems with the new meeting room and the web IM client. Looks like an LDAP issue but I am not sure.
  • JimmyFerreira
    JimmyFerreira
    1 Post

‏2013-11-27T12:08:30Z  
    Hi Daniel.

Its good to know that I am not the only one out there experiencing such problems. My situation is exactly like yours : I know Domino but I have no clue about WAS. I am also happy that I am not the only one that thinks that after installing a product it is at least weird that services are not created on windows and I have to execute some .bat files.

In any case, you can follow the link http://www.iminstant.com/iminstant/iminstant.nsf/d6plinks/CTYR-7Z2GV2 . You can find there a very good tool that creates all these services in windows and starts them automatically after every reboot.

That helped me a lot and since it is working pretty good, I have not investigated any further.

If your have resolved this issue, maybe you can help me with a further issue I am experiencing: I seem to have an issue with logging in the new meetings room. Although I put my crdentials to log in, I get no error, but still the "log in" link appears at the top.
    Are you experiencing any problems with the new meeting room and the web IM client. Looks like an LDAP issue but I am not sure.

Good Day Gents

I installed an Sametime 8.5.2 deployment, my server overheated and shut down, now I am unable to start the scST1STMPNProfile1,  STSCAppProfile and STSCDMgrProfile servers. 

I am getting an error on all 3 servers

ADMU3011E: Server launched but failed initialization. startServer.log,

>           SystemOut.log(or job log in zOS) and other log files under
    >           C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\scST1STMPNProfile1\logs\STMeetingServer
    >           should contain failure information.

Can anyone assist me?