• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-01-28T17:03:33Z by ThomasSchlag
Luth
Luth
1 Post

Pinned topic IIC installation

‏2010-01-27T17:51:20Z |
Hi guys,

I'm developing a custom portal application that needs to retrieve documents from IBM Content Manager, the following is my development scenario:
  • ICM, II4C installed in machine A;
  • Development tools and client application running in machine B (there's no any content manager connector in this machine);

When I use "DKDatastoreICM.connectWithCredential(database, ltpaToken, connectString)", I got the exception"DGL0394A: Error in ::DriverManager.getConnection; cmbicmenv.ini (The system cannot find the file specified.)". I do have in my classpath "cmbcmenv.properties" which points to the path of connectors in machine A (ex: \\srvA\cmgmt\connectors).
When the connection is done by "DKDatastoreICM.connect(database, userId, password, connectString)", my application seems to be able to find all those connector files in remote machine and connect to CM repository, but when I use connectWithCredential it just throws the exception.
Can anybody help me on this issue? Do I need to install II4C in machine B where I'm developing my custom application?

Thanks in advance.

Lu
Updated on 2010-01-28T17:03:33Z at 2010-01-28T17:03:33Z by ThomasSchlag
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    254 Posts

Re: IIC installation

‏2010-01-27T18:09:07Z  
    Hi Lu,

I'm not sure if you are in the right forum. This is the forum for the IBM Content Integrator product (formerly Websphere Information Integrator Content Edition). If you need help with the IBM FileNet Content Manager repository, the forum is here:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=1165
  • ThomasSchlag
    ThomasSchlag
    5 Posts

Re: IIC installation

‏2010-01-28T17:03:33Z  
    Hi Luth,
    make sure that you have configured or created following ini files and that this can be found by your app.
    These files cmbicmenv.ini and cmbicmsrvs.ini.

The cmbicmsrvs.ini includes following parameters. These parameters descripe the host environment

ICMSERVER=your_host
    ICMSERVERREPTYPE=DB2CON
    ICMSCHEMA=your_schema
    ICMSSO=FALSE
    ICMDBAUTH=SERVER
    ICMREMOTE=TRUE
    ICMHOSTNAME=your_hostname
    ICMPORT=your_port:50000
    ICMREMOTEDB=your_remotedb
    ICMNODENAME=-os
    ICMOSTYPE=

Also make sure that following jars are included in the app client classpath (machine B):
    cmb81.jar, cmbsdk81.jar, cmbview81.jar.

I hope this helps a little bit.

Regards

Thomas