• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-01-22T23:15:36Z by qoph
qoph
qoph
4 Posts

Pinned topic Web settings

‏2010-01-21T18:39:42Z |
Hi,

I've been tasked with converting 5250 COBOL application using the Web Facing tool. I've been able to make style changes, but none of the Web Settings that I apply seem to take effect after a reconvert the DDS members. I've verified that the DDS source is being modified.

Any help would be appreciated.

Another question is how to create a drop down menu instead of using the menu subfile. I'm guessing that to do this I would make a field a hyperlink and then specify a user script to be executed when the link is clicked (all of this through Web Settings which don't seem to work).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Updated on 2010-01-22T23:15:36Z at 2010-01-22T23:15:36Z by qoph
  • qoph
    qoph
    4 Posts

Re: Web settings

‏2010-01-22T17:36:44Z  
    I just wanted to add something to my original question.

The project manager in charge of the project has a hunch that the display programs are sending the display format information as well as the data, and overwriting any changes I am making with the WebFacing tool.

Is this possible given how the WebFacing server/tool works?

Thank you.
  • qoph
    qoph
    4 Posts

‏2010-01-22T19:54:40Z  
    Something else that I have found out which seems quite significant is that the RecordJSPs are being changed. For instance, when I add a 'text constant' feild into one of the source members, there is a new element in the RecordJSP, which corresponds to the 'text constant' feild I added.

Even stranger, when I remove the entire <body> section of the RecordJSp, and restart the application, the page still displays!!

Am I missing something here? Doesn't PageBuilder.jsp call the RecordJSPs.
  • qoph
    qoph
    4 Posts

‏2010-01-22T23:15:36Z  
    I have now determined that I can run the web application without converting the DDS source into RecordJSPs. I create the project but don't convert the DDS members, and i can still launch the application and use it just the same as I would if were running from an as400 emulator.

This flies in the face of everything I've read about each record in each source member being converted into 2 JSPs, and those JSPs being used to extract the data from the WebFacing server and then populate the application area of the Web page.

Anyone with any idea?

:)