Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-06-15T15:42:45Z by mburati
Arlyn
Arlyn
2 Posts

Pinned topic Problem adding muliple web service calls

‏2010-01-18T15:36:51Z |
I am having trouble adding multiple webservice calls. The first one works good, I can see the correct schema elements (e.g. ‘PETA202N’ & ‘PETA202NResponse’) and I can call the web service correctly using the test harness.

When I add a second web service call builder (PETA250 which uses a different WSDL), I have problems when I try to add a Service Operation builder for that call. Instead of allowing me to “Use structure from called action”, it is forcing me to “Specify Input schema”. When I look at the input schema I can select from, I see my new Schema PETA250. When I browse the elements of the schema it is clearly the schema for PETA202 (the schema for the first web service call).

This problem was recreated by other developers on other workstations in both versions 6.1.2 and 6.1.0.1. My guess is that because both WSDLs use the same target namespace for the schema (e.g. <xsd:schema targetNamespace="urn:com-softwareag-entirex-rpc:PETA">) the tooling gets confused. Is there anything I can do in Portlet Factory I can do to resolve this issue without changing my web services?
Updated on 2010-06-15T15:42:45Z at 2010-06-15T15:42:45Z by mburati
  • DGawron
    DGawron
    50 Posts

Re: Problem adding muliple web service calls

‏2010-01-21T14:21:04Z  
    If you disable the PETA202N web service call, then does everything start wokring OK for PETA250? If you could post a small sample WSDL and model that replicates the problem, then I can take a look at what's going on.
  • Arlyn
    Arlyn
    2 Posts

‏2010-01-21T14:38:33Z  
    • DGawron
    • ‏2010-01-21T14:21:04Z
    If you disable the PETA202N web service call, then does everything start wokring OK for PETA250? If you could post a small sample WSDL and model that replicates the problem, then I can take a look at what's going on.
    Thanks for the reply. We solved the problem by changing the namespaces in the webservices to be unique for each web service, then there is no problem. What was happening, was when the webservice call fetched the wsdl and generated the variables for the second webservice the variables wouldn't be created.
  • adeza
    adeza
    1 Post

‏2010-06-15T15:22:09Z  
    • Arlyn
    • ‏2010-01-21T14:38:33Z
    Thanks for the reply. We solved the problem by changing the namespaces in the webservices to be unique for each web service, then there is no problem. What was happening, was when the webservice call fetched the wsdl and generated the variables for the second webservice the variables wouldn't be created.
    Hi,

Recently I'm having the same problem. I'have added two web service calls but the web service call n°1 points to the web service call n°2 schema and viceversa.

I cannot change the namespace because it is a third-party webservice.

What other options do I have?

Please, If someone have going through this problem I would appreciate some help.
  • mburati
    mburati
    352 Posts

‏2010-06-15T15:42:45Z  
    • adeza
    • ‏2010-06-15T15:22:09Z
    Hi,

Recently I'm having the same problem. I'have added two web service calls but the web service call n°1 points to the web service call n°2 schema and viceversa.

I cannot change the namespace because it is a third-party webservice.

What other options do I have?

Please, If someone have going through this problem I would appreciate some help.
    Could you describe in a little more detail what your actual problem is?

It's unclear whether you're using two Web Service Call builders with the same WSDL or different WSDLs, or ...

Have you tried the Web Service Multi Operation builder?

What version of WPF (including fixpack level) are you on?

Thanks,
    ..mb1