• 12 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-09-15T15:48:34Z by SK_NYCERS
nithisha
nithisha
8 Posts

Pinned topic Error while performing eforms lookup

‏2010-01-15T07:41:14Z |
Hello all,

I am using eforms designer 5.0.3 with FileNet BPM 4.5.

I am trying to perform an ODBC lookup using db2 database. The lookup works fine when I test it in the eforms designer but I receive an error in the filenet Workplace , saying the connection settings are missing.

I have configured the ODBC connection in the eforms designer. Do I need to perform any other configuration for this to work in the filenet workplace.
Please help.
Thanks in advance.
Updated on 2011-09-15T15:48:34Z at 2011-09-15T15:48:34Z by SK_NYCERS
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    53 Posts

Re: Error while performing eforms lookup

‏2010-01-15T07:51:35Z  
    Hi,

You need to configure the same ODBC connection on AE server, and furthermore, you need to edit <AE install folder>/../Config/AE/eforms-preferences.xml and to speficy the ODBC connection, like bellow:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <preferences>
    <sql>
    <connection dsn="<ODBC_NAME>"
    driver="sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"
    user="<user>" password="<password>"
    url="jdbc:odbc:<ODBC_NAME>">
    </connection>
    </sql>
    </preferences>
  • nithisha
    nithisha
    8 Posts

‏2010-01-15T08:08:20Z  
    Hi,

You need to configure the same ODBC connection on AE server, and furthermore, you need to edit <AE install folder>/../Config/AE/eforms-preferences.xml and to speficy the ODBC connection, like bellow:

<preferences>
    <sql>
    <connection dsn="<ODBC_NAME>"
    user="<user>" password="<password>"
    url="jdbc:odbc:<ODBC_NAME>">
    </connection>
    </sql>
    </preferences>
    Hi,
    Thanks for the reply.I want to know where do I configure the same ODBC connection on AE server.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    53 Posts

‏2010-01-15T08:18:09Z  
    • nithisha
    • ‏2010-01-15T08:08:20Z
    Hi,
    Thanks for the reply.I want to know where do I configure the same ODBC connection on AE server.
    If you are using Windows as operating system on AE server, you can define ODBC connections by Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC).
  • nithisha
    nithisha
    8 Posts

‏2010-01-15T08:35:46Z  
    If you are using Windows as operating system on AE server, you can define ODBC connections by Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC).
    I have performed those tasks but i continue to receive the same error. this is the detailed error.

Type: ChainedException

Type: SqlError

Cause: com.filenet.eforms.api.FormException: The connection settings are missing.
    at com.filenet.eforms.core.queries.SqlQueryImpl.handleAction(SqlQueryImpl.java:85)
    at com.filenet.eforms.core.queries.SqlQueryImpl.lookup(SqlQueryImpl.java:73)
    at com.filenet.eforms.core.queries.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java:102)
    at com.filenet.eforms.core.http.CallbackHandler$QueryListener.getJavaScript(CallbackHandler.java:239)
    at com.filenet.eforms.core.http.CallbackHandler$JavaScriptCallbackListener.handleRequest(CallbackHandler.java:749)
    at com.filenet.eforms.core.http.CallbackHandler.handleRequest(CallbackHandler.java:101)
    at com.filenet.eforms.core.renderers.HtmlFormRendererImpl.handleCallback(HtmlFormRendererImpl.java:320)
    at com.filenet.eforms.core.platforms.FactoryImpl.handleCallback(FactoryImpl.java:110)
    at com.filenet.eforms.api.HtmlFormRenderer.handleCallback(HtmlFormRenderer.java:430)
    at com.filenet.eforms.toolkit.server.servlet.BaseEFormCallbackServlet$GetFormRequest.getForm(BaseEFormCallbackServlet.java:118)
    at com.filenet.eforms.toolkit.server.servlet.BaseEFormCallbackServlet$GetFormRequest.access$100(BaseEFormCallbackServlet.java:75)
    at com.filenet.eforms.toolkit.server.servlet.BaseEFormCallbackServlet.doGet(BaseEFormCallbackServlet.java:56)
    at com.filenet.eforms.toolkit.server.servlet.BaseEFormCallbackServlet.doPost(BaseEFormCallbackServlet.java:62)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:763)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1075)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1016)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:145)
    at com.filenet.ae.toolkit.server.servlet.filter.ThreadLocalCleanupFilter.doFilter(ThreadLocalCleanupFilter.java:50)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:190)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:130)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:87)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:771)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:679)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:546)
    at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:478)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.CacheServletWrapper.handleRequest(CacheServletWrapper.java:90)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:744)
    at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:1455)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:115)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:458)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewInformation(HttpInboundLink.java:387)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCallback.complete(HttpICLReadCallback.java:102)
    at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:165)
    at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217)
    at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161)
    at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:136)
    at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:195)
    at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:743)
    at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:873)
    at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1473)
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    53 Posts

‏2010-01-15T08:45:31Z  
    • nithisha
    • ‏2010-01-15T08:35:46Z
    I have performed those tasks but i continue to receive the same error. this is the detailed error.

Type: ChainedException

Type: SqlError

Cause: com.filenet.eforms.api.FormException: The connection settings are missing.
    at com.filenet.eforms.core.queries.SqlQueryImpl.handleAction(SqlQueryImpl.java:85)
    at com.filenet.eforms.core.queries.SqlQueryImpl.lookup(SqlQueryImpl.java:73)
    at com.filenet.eforms.core.queries.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java:102)
    at com.filenet.eforms.core.http.CallbackHandler$QueryListener.getJavaScript(CallbackHandler.java:239)
    at com.filenet.eforms.core.http.CallbackHandler$JavaScriptCallbackListener.handleRequest(CallbackHandler.java:749)
    at com.filenet.eforms.core.http.CallbackHandler.handleRequest(CallbackHandler.java:101)
    at com.filenet.eforms.core.renderers.HtmlFormRendererImpl.handleCallback(HtmlFormRendererImpl.java:320)
    at com.filenet.eforms.core.platforms.FactoryImpl.handleCallback(FactoryImpl.java:110)
    at com.filenet.eforms.api.HtmlFormRenderer.handleCallback(HtmlFormRenderer.java:430)
    at com.filenet.eforms.toolkit.server.servlet.BaseEFormCallbackServlet$GetFormRequest.getForm(BaseEFormCallbackServlet.java:118)
    at com.filenet.eforms.toolkit.server.servlet.BaseEFormCallbackServlet$GetFormRequest.access$100(BaseEFormCallbackServlet.java:75)
    at com.filenet.eforms.toolkit.server.servlet.BaseEFormCallbackServlet.doGet(BaseEFormCallbackServlet.java:56)
    at com.filenet.eforms.toolkit.server.servlet.BaseEFormCallbackServlet.doPost(BaseEFormCallbackServlet.java:62)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:763)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1075)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1016)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:145)
    at com.filenet.ae.toolkit.server.servlet.filter.ThreadLocalCleanupFilter.doFilter(ThreadLocalCleanupFilter.java:50)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:190)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:130)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:87)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:771)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:679)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:546)
    at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:478)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.CacheServletWrapper.handleRequest(CacheServletWrapper.java:90)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:744)
    at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:1455)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:115)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:458)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewInformation(HttpInboundLink.java:387)
    at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCallback.complete(HttpICLReadCallback.java:102)
    at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:165)
    at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217)
    at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161)
    at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:136)
    at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:195)
    at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:743)
    at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:873)
    at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1473)
    Did you restarted Workplace application? Or better, you can restart application server.
  • nithisha
    nithisha
    8 Posts

‏2010-01-15T09:04:25Z  
    Did you restarted Workplace application? Or better, you can restart application server.
    Ya, I have restarted the both the workplace and the application server. This is what I have configured in my eforms preferences.xml file.

<preferences>
    <sql>
    <connection dsn="Objst"
    user="db2admin" password="filenet1"
    url="jdbc:odbc:Objst">
    </connection>
    </sql>
    </preferences>
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    53 Posts

‏2010-01-15T09:13:34Z  
    • nithisha
    • ‏2010-01-15T09:04:25Z
    Ya, I have restarted the both the workplace and the application server. This is what I have configured in my eforms preferences.xml file.

<preferences>
    <sql>
    <connection dsn="Objst"
    user="db2admin" password="filenet1"
    url="jdbc:odbc:Objst">
    </connection>
    </sql>
    </preferences>
    Hi,

Let my understand:
    - ODBC Connection Name: Objst (System Data Source) (like in url="jdbc:odbc:Objst")
    - in eforms template, you invoke an ODBC called Objst (like in dsn="Objst")

Are the above items correct?

PS: Use System Data Sources because are available for all users. User Data Sources are available only for user how define it.
  • nithisha
    nithisha
    8 Posts

‏2010-01-15T09:23:36Z  
    Hi,

Let my understand:
    - ODBC Connection Name: Objst (System Data Source) (like in url="jdbc:odbc:Objst")
    - in eforms template, you invoke an ODBC called Objst (like in dsn="Objst")

Are the above items correct?

PS: Use System Data Sources because are available for all users. User Data Sources are available only for user how define it.
    Yes, Objst is a system data source and this data source was actually created automatically when I defined the ODBC connection in the eforms designer. This is the same name I had given to the database server when I defined connection for odbc in the eforms designer.
  • nithisha
    nithisha
    8 Posts

‏2010-01-15T11:12:56Z  
    • nithisha
    • ‏2010-01-15T09:23:36Z
    Yes, Objst is a system data source and this data source was actually created automatically when I defined the ODBC connection in the eforms designer. This is the same name I had given to the database server when I defined connection for odbc in the eforms designer.
    Well..Can u let me know one thing. When you define the ODBC connection in the eforms designer, the database server name indicates the database in which the tables exist for lookup..right? so we do not specify the name of the ODBC datasource anywhere in the eforms designer configuration..
  • nithisha
    nithisha
    8 Posts

‏2010-01-15T12:37:41Z  
    • nithisha
    • ‏2010-01-15T11:12:56Z
    Well..Can u let me know one thing. When you define the ODBC connection in the eforms designer, the database server name indicates the database in which the tables exist for lookup..right? so we do not specify the name of the ODBC datasource anywhere in the eforms designer configuration..
    Hey can you please let me know how to connect using the JDBC connection if not. I would like to know the connection string, driver and url configuration that I should do in the eforms designer.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    53 Posts

‏2010-01-15T13:12:59Z  
    • nithisha
    • ‏2010-01-15T12:37:41Z
    Hey can you please let me know how to connect using the JDBC connection if not. I would like to know the connection string, driver and url configuration that I should do in the eforms designer.
    Please follow the eForms Install Documentation, chapters

- Planning -> Pre-installation Tasks -> Configure the application server for data access
    - Planning -> Configuration/Startup Tasks -> Customize Preferences -> SQL Connections
  • SK_NYCERS
    SK_NYCERS
    1 Post

‏2011-09-15T15:48:34Z  
    I have the same issue.

We have configured the following.
    Microsoft System DSN
    Edited the XML preferences file
    Created a Web Sphere datasource.

I still get an error stating there is no suitable driver.

Any thoughts?