Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2010-02-11T19:04:28Z by juagalarza
LisaFellows
LisaFellows
26 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic CNX0221W Resource type ‘MQ Connection’ (MQCON) unsupported

‏2010-01-14T14:19:56Z |
Has anyone seen this?

When using the CICS TS v3.2 flavor of Explorer (both Explorer v1.0.0.2 and v1.0.0.4) to connect to a CICS TS v3.2 region, I get the following, when trying to view MQ Connections:
"CNX0221W Resource type ‘MQ Connection’ (MQCON) unsupported"

I think the issue MAY be that it's looking at CPSM resource "MQCON" vs "MQCONN". We are trying to view the resources we would are able to see in the WUI EYUSTARTMQCONN view.

I looked in the IBM Information Center for CICS TS v3.2 and do not see an "MQCON" resource ONLY "MQCONN"

I also searched the CICS TS v4.1 information Center.
I did find a reference to "MQCON" there:
"MQCON Resource Table - A CICS® Resource that provides information about the WebSphere® MQ connection definition (MQCONN resource definition) for the CICS system"

I also found a seperate reference to "MQCONN"
"MQCONN Resource Table - A CICS® resource that describes a subset of the WebSphere MQ connection attributes sampled by the CICSPlex® SM MAS Monitor agents. The Primary key field for this resource class is MQGQMGRNAME"

Could someone please clarify?
1. Does CICS TS v4.1 include a new "MQCON" CPSM Resource?
- If So, Does the CICS TS v4.1 Information Center need to be adjusted, to swap the resource descriptions
for "MQCON" and "MQCONN"?
2. Is there a way for us to see the CICS TS v3.2 "MQCONN" (EYUSTARTMQCONN) resource in Explorer
v1.0.0.2/v1.0.0.4?

Thanks,
Lisa
Updated on 2010-02-11T19:04:28Z at 2010-02-11T19:04:28Z by juagalarza
  • Dave_Key
    Dave_Key
    18 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: CNX0221W Resource type ‘MQ Connection’ (MQCON) unsupported

‏2010-01-14T16:45:54Z  in response to LisaFellows
    Hi Lisa,

This is confusing I agree.
    Hopefully the following will clarify things ...

1. The CPSM resource table MQCONN is a CICS TS 3.2 table which returns MQ connection statistics, with:
    a. the WUI displaying this using the EYUSTARTMQCONN viewset
    b. the Explorer displaying it using the "MQ Connection Statistics" view

2. In CICS TS 4.1 CICS introduced the MQCONN resource, which is available via the CICS SPI (INQUIRE MQCONN etc), to return information about an MQ Connection, CPSM packaged this information into the MQCON resource table (as it already had an MQCONN) with:
    a. the WUI displaying this information using the EYUSTARTMQCON viewset.
    b. the Explorer displaying it using the "MQ Connections" view

So in a CICS TS 3.2 environment:
    a. the Explorer "MQ connections" view will try to open the CICS TS 4.1 CPSM MQCON resource table (with the CICS MQCONN data), which will fail (as you have discovered) as CICS TS 3.2 has no knowledge of the CICS TS 4.1 data.
    b. the Explorer "MQ connection statistics" view will open the CPSM MQCONN resource table ... which is the same information as you get from the EYUSTARTMQCONN viewset in the WUI
    To specifically answer your questions ...

1. Does CICS TS v4.1 include a new "MQCON" CPSM Resource?
    Yes and this contains the information from the CICS TS 4.1 MQCONN resource as returned by the CICS INQUIRE MQCONN SPI command

1.a. - If So, Does the CICS TS v4.1 Information Center need to be adjusted, to swap the resource descriptions for "MQCON" and "MQCONN"?
    No, but maybe it could be clearer

2. Is there a way for us to see the CICS TS v3.2 "MQCONN" (EYUSTARTMQCONN) resource in Explorer v1.0.0.2/v1.0.0.4?
    Yes, use the "MQ Connection Statistics" view NOT the "MQ Connection" view
    Did that help ?

Cheers
    Dave Key

CICS TS System Test
    IBM Hursley Park
  • LisaFellows
    LisaFellows
    26 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-01-14T16:55:22Z  in response to LisaFellows
    Dave,

Thanks for your response. It is a confusing circumstance, but your explanation was perfectly clear.

Thanks Again!
    Lisa
  • juagalarza
    juagalarza
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-02-11T19:04:28Z  in response to LisaFellows
    Hi lisa Can you Resolved your problem ???
    Maybe this link can help you
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3138&uid=swg24025486

Prerequisites
    IBM CICS Transaction Server for z/OS
    CICS Transaction Server for z/OS V3.1 with PTF UK27353 for APAR PK48855, or
    CICS Transaction Server for z/OS V3.2 with PTF UK38402 for APAR PK69381 and UK27327 for PK48834, or
    CICS Transaction Server for z/OS V4.1