Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2010-01-21T16:37:56Z by keithGell
keithGell
keithGell
6 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Qualified names in Tau Sequence Diagram Objects

‏2010-01-11T11:08:58Z |
Firstly, I want to partition my model. For instance I want to keep my class diagrams relation to "Test" in a folder called "Test".

I do this by creating a package in the Model called "Test".

The problem comes when I want to create a Sequence Diagram in another part of the model and Tau qualifies the object with the package names, for instance the a object "Tester_1", in Package Test becomes:

Test::ClassDiagramName::Tester_1.

How can I remove the name qualification so the object gets represented as "Tester_1".

Thanks Keith.
Updated on 2010-01-21T16:37:56Z at 2010-01-21T16:37:56Z by keithGell
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    147 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Qualified names in Tau Sequence Diagram Objects

‏2010-01-11T17:25:49Z  in response to keithGell
    Keith

Two possibilities:
    1. On the 'Diagram Element Properties' toolbar is a button with four dots arranged in a square and the tooltip 'Show/Hide qualifiers on Remote Definitions'. Open the sequence diagram and toggle this button to off, which hides the qualifier. This works in Tau 4.3, not sure about previous versions.
    2. Create an <<import>> Dependency from the package containing the diagram to the scope containing the definition, then Tau finds the definition is in scope (so it isn't what Tau calls 'remote') and then Tau doesn't need to show the qualifier. This should work in almost any version of Tau.

HTH
    Ian