Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-06-16T11:02:14Z by devil786
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
172 Posts

Pinned topic The TBSM Data Server is unavailable, Reconnecting….

‏2010-01-04T05:56:36Z |
Hi All,
When we log in to TIP using tipadmin id, we are getting the following error when selecting the ‘Service Availability’ option:
“The TBSM Data Server is unavailable, Reconnecting….”

Can anyone please help us on getting this corrected or are we missing any configuration ?
Also please let us know if you need more information. Grateful, if we can discuss over the call to close this issue at the earliest. You can reach me @ +91 9500000195

Note: Tivoli Business Service Manager - TBSMProfile_Port_17310 windows service is running.

Also attached the error screen shot for your reference.

Thanks,
Dhanarajan
Updated on 2011-06-16T11:02:14Z at 2011-06-16T11:02:14Z by devil786
  • cool-nash
    cool-nash
    1 Post

Re: The TBSM Data Server is unavailable, Reconnecting….

‏2010-10-29T10:16:00Z  
    Hi,
    I am facing the same issue. I have found that this TBSM profile (server1) instance goes down. In my case it shows error as Database not found. But my postgres database server is up and runing. I am not sure which props file under TBSM_DATA_SERVER should I modify. Can you guide me on this?
  • krishnakishore
    krishnakishore
    1 Post

‏2011-03-07T17:51:46Z  
    hey,

I am facing with the same problem have u got the solution for this? If so can u please share with me.

Thanks
  • kkuhner
    kkuhner
    2 Posts

‏2011-03-15T18:44:21Z  
    hey,

I am facing with the same problem have u got the solution for this? If so can u please share with me.

Thanks
    Hi -
    There are several reasons why the data server could go down, but the most common ones are that the data server could not establish a connection to either the database or to the OMNIbus event server. To further diagnose this, you can have a look in the $TIP_HOME/profiles/TBSMProfile/logs/server1/trace.log. You will typically find an exception in here that will indicate the cause. For cases, where it cannot connect to either the database or the OMNIbus server, make sure that both the postgres database and OMNIBus server are running. You can use tools like 'netstat -na' on the respective machines to verify that the DB and OMNIbus are listening on the expected port numbers (default ports are 5435 and 4100 for postgres and OMNIbus respectively). If they are running, then you can examine the files in $TBSM_DATA_SERVER_HOME/etc/rad to make sure that the connection information (host, port, etc) used by the TBSM data server are correct for both the database and OMNIbus.

The files to look at for OMNIbus are:
    RAD_ObjectServer_DS.ds
    RAD_OutputObjectServer_DS.ds

The file to look at for Postgres is:
    RAD_PostgreSQL_DS.ds

Of course, be sure to make backups of any files prior to changing them.

If the trace.log reveals other errors or if you continue to have problems getting the server to start and stay running, please utilize the appropriate IBM support channels to open a PMR.

thanks !
  • SanhitaS
    SanhitaS
    9 Posts

‏2011-06-03T06:51:16Z  
    • kkuhner
    • ‏2011-03-15T18:44:21Z
    Hi -
    There are several reasons why the data server could go down, but the most common ones are that the data server could not establish a connection to either the database or to the OMNIbus event server. To further diagnose this, you can have a look in the $TIP_HOME/profiles/TBSMProfile/logs/server1/trace.log. You will typically find an exception in here that will indicate the cause. For cases, where it cannot connect to either the database or the OMNIbus server, make sure that both the postgres database and OMNIBus server are running. You can use tools like 'netstat -na' on the respective machines to verify that the DB and OMNIbus are listening on the expected port numbers (default ports are 5435 and 4100 for postgres and OMNIbus respectively). If they are running, then you can examine the files in $TBSM_DATA_SERVER_HOME/etc/rad to make sure that the connection information (host, port, etc) used by the TBSM data server are correct for both the database and OMNIbus.

The files to look at for OMNIbus are:
    RAD_ObjectServer_DS.ds
    RAD_OutputObjectServer_DS.ds

The file to look at for Postgres is:
    RAD_PostgreSQL_DS.ds

Of course, be sure to make backups of any files prior to changing them.

If the trace.log reveals other errors or if you continue to have problems getting the server to start and stay running, please utilize the appropriate IBM support channels to open a PMR.

thanks !
    Hi

Both Postgre-9.0 and ObjectServer are running but I am getting a NullPointerException error alongwith the error that Data Server is unavailable.

I have attached a snapshot of that error.

Any solution for this error?

Thanks.
  • AravindNaga
    AravindNaga
    2 Posts

Status of the TBSM data server not determined........

‏2011-06-08T09:25:47Z  
    • SanhitaS
    • ‏2011-06-03T06:51:16Z
    Hi

Both Postgre-9.0 and ObjectServer are running but I am getting a NullPointerException error alongwith the error that Data Server is unavailable.

I have attached a snapshot of that error.

Any solution for this error?

Thanks.
    Hi,

I got stuck with the error "Status of TBSM data server not determined...".I have attached the screenshot of the error.Please provide me some help.
    Thanks,
    Aravindm
  • devil786
    devil786
    126 Posts

Re: Status of the TBSM data server not determined........

‏2011-06-16T11:02:14Z  
    Hi,

I got stuck with the error "Status of TBSM data server not determined...".I have attached the screenshot of the error.Please provide me some help.
    Thanks,
    Aravindm
    If you are using TBSm with an existing Omnibus Object server then simply update/execute the schema update scripts on the Omnibus side and then restart TBSM and Omnibus.