• Latest Post - ‏2010-01-05T00:05:46Z by ibula
ibula
ibula
2 Posts

Pinned topic Install RAM 7.2

‏2009-12-17T23:56:21Z |
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance for you help.

I installed RAM 7.2 and I find that this version has included a version of RTC. I want to integrate this RAM with an environment C / ALM which already has installed an RTC 2.0.0.1.

I have to install the RTC included in RAM?,
how to integrate the repository environment C / ALM with this RAM?

Thanks
Updated on 2010-01-05T00:05:46Z at 2010-01-05T00:05:46Z by ibula
  • ddbaron
    ddbaron
    3 Posts

Re: Install RAM 7.2

‏2009-12-23T23:43:38Z  
    > ibula wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > Thanks in advance for you help.
    >
    > I installed RAM 7.2 and I find that this version has included a version of RTC.

RAM 7.2 includes an "embedded" RTC 2.0. This is used internally by RAM to perform the asset lifecycle function. It's not intended for use by anyone or anything other than RAM.

>I want to integrate this RAM with an environment C / ALM which already has installed an RTC 2.0.0.1.
    >
    RAM supports this integration. See the help topic here:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ramhelp/v7r2m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.ram.doc/topics/c_integrate_jazz_overview.html

RAM assets can be linked to RTC work items in both the web and eclipse clients. The General Details page of the asset will contain a direct link to that work item, and the work item will contain a link to the asset.

The RTC eclipse client can provide an asset management perspective, views and editors; this allows RTC users to create, find and manage assets in RAM.

RAM records valuable RTC information for each of the artifacts when they are submitted to the server. This information includes the baseline that is created on each component. This information can be used for traceability and accountability of the asset and a can also be used to reconnect the user for future development of the asset.
  • ibula
    ibula
    2 Posts

Re: Install RAM 7.2

‏2010-01-05T00:05:46Z  
    • ddbaron
    • ‏2009-12-23T23:43:38Z
    > ibula wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > Thanks in advance for you help.
    >
    > I installed RAM 7.2 and I find that this version has included a version of RTC.

RAM 7.2 includes an "embedded" RTC 2.0. This is used internally by RAM to perform the asset lifecycle function. It's not intended for use by anyone or anything other than RAM.

>I want to integrate this RAM with an environment C / ALM which already has installed an RTC 2.0.0.1.
    >
    RAM supports this integration. See the help topic here:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ramhelp/v7r2m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.ram.doc/topics/c_integrate_jazz_overview.html

RAM assets can be linked to RTC work items in both the web and eclipse clients. The General Details page of the asset will contain a direct link to that work item, and the work item will contain a link to the asset.

The RTC eclipse client can provide an asset management perspective, views and editors; this allows RTC users to create, find and manage assets in RAM.

RAM records valuable RTC information for each of the artifacts when they are submitted to the server. This information includes the baseline that is created on each component. This information can be used for traceability and accountability of the asset and a can also be used to reconnect the user for future development of the asset.
    I really appreciate your help