Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2009-12-18T16:35:57Z by not_ok
not_ok
not_ok
19 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Permission Denied when reinstalling FSM server

‏2009-12-16T22:43:34Z |
I am reinstalling cala on the FSM server. When I uncheck 'Reconfigure only' and run the installer, I am getting an error about permission denied on a jar file (files attached).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Updated on 2009-12-18T16:35:57Z at 2009-12-18T16:35:57Z by not_ok
  • donl1967
    donl1967
    16 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Permission Denied when reinstalling FSM server

‏2009-12-17T14:38:46Z  in response to not_ok
    I have seen this issue before when trying to install the FSM server from a remote machine. I would recommend logging into the server itself, and the select "Local Machine" and try the install again.
    • not_ok
      not_ok
      19 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-12-17T17:41:10Z  in response to donl1967
      Thanks for the quick reply : ) The problem is that I have two servers that are clustered. If I try to do a 'local' install, the target directory for the files is not correct. I need them to go to an external shared disk (mapped to the F: drive), f:/apps/filenet/sysmon/cala. If I select local, it is going to copy the files to the C:\opt\cenit\cala directory and I cannot change that.
      I have a screen shot attached of what it looks like when I select 'local'. The two local servers are rsnhq1cofn01sn1 and rsgrl1cofnsn2. The 'Clustered' name is rsnhq1cofn01vs1.

This all started because someone 'accidently' ran the installer and selected the default path for the log file, so it was going to the C:/Temp/report_log. It needs to be written to f:/apps/filenet/FSM%Y%m%d.log instead.

Thanks again.
      • donl1967
        donl1967
        16 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-12-18T14:38:19Z  in response to not_ok
        When you set up your calRexClient, you need to specify one of the drives that follows your cluster.
        • donl1967
          donl1967
          16 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-12-18T15:02:09Z  in response to donl1967
          Sorry I didn't read the entire thread before replying. I would uninstall the calaRexClient and reinstall onto the clustered drive. Make sure when you run the installer you put in the IP address of the cluster in the "addtional arguments" window.
  • not_ok
    not_ok
    19 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-12-18T16:35:35Z  in response to not_ok
    It is working now... turns out, the install was OK. I was not getting any log files for event forwarding because the value for "Datatypes for logfile based event forwarding" in the configuration was BLANK. Geez. Checked the setup.log after running the installer and saw that. Once I supplied those values and re-ran the installer, the event forwarding is now working. Thanks SO much for your feedback : ) Have a great weekend and wonderful holiday.
  • not_ok
    not_ok
    19 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-12-18T16:35:57Z  in response to not_ok
    Thanks again!!