Whilst experimenting with the new JSR 286 portlet, I have found what appear to be two errors.
1) The portlet title seems to remain as a default and is not updated even though configuration is valid. A friend of mine tells me that an ajax call does the update and to be patient but it does not seem to work on my installation and even if it did it does not seem like a good solution to display the default tile of "Web Content Viewer JSR 286" whilst we are waiting. If you have two or three such portlets on the screen then it looks very poor.
2) When using an authoring tool component in the presentation template, the pop up editing form will always use the standard IBM Rich Text Editor for a rich text element - even though the Ephox editor is correctly configured in the WCM authoring portlet.
Am I missing something?
Comments welcome :)
step.laertz 060000RY9X24 Posts
Re: JSR 286 portlet errors2009-12-14T22:38:37ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.Hi Marcus,
let me try to help you.
- to 1) Unfortunately all WP 61x releases do not support setting a dynamic portlet display title for JSR-168/286 based portlet. In order to use the special portlet display title feature of the JSR-286 Web Content Viewer portlet that works around this limitation you need to do some simple preparation changes in skin that you use on your page. The modification steps that are required are documented in the PDF file that comes with the package that you download from the Portal solutions catalog.
to 2) The JSR-286 Web Content Viewer uses a hidden page with a instance of WCM authoring portlet that is different to the "standard" authoring portlet on the default WCM authoring page to display the authoring template using inline editing via authoring tools. Hence you need to also configure the authoring portlet instance on that hidden to use the ephox editor. This can be achieved by either:
- a) configure the second hidden instance of the authoring portlet used by the portlet as described here Configuring the reserved authoring portlet
- b) use the configure mode of the "standard" authoring portlet on the default WCM authoring page to implicitly configure all instances of the authoring portlet to use the Ephox EditLive RTE