after saving the reports in cognos iam not able to find the folder where the reports saved can any one help this issue
Pinned topic where do the reports save in cognos
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2009-12-15T13:26:25Z at 2009-12-15T13:26:25Z by MLanger
Re: where do the reports save in cognos2009-12-11T11:18:13ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.hi,
the report "itself" contains one to many (depending on the report preferences) report outputs, just check the little "page" symbol.
other way is to save output in the file system. this is depends on your server preferences.
you should go for the cognos connection manual.
Re: where do the reports save in cognos2009-12-11T11:31:43ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.
- chaitu cognos 270002R2ET
2.) if your question is, where the report versions saved "in" the report are located, the answer is: the cognos content store data base.
blarson 0600017G0Q1 Post
Re: where do the reports save in cognos2009-12-11T13:25:41ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.See the below URL for instructions for Save-Local.
SystemAdmin 110000D4XK15496 Posts
Re: where do the reports save in cognos2009-12-11T13:53:38ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.How to enable Report Studio to open and save reports on a local computer
This document describes how to to enable Report Studio to open and save reports on the local computer.
Resolving the problem
It is possible to have Report Studio work with files on the local computer by making some configuration changes to the default behavior of Cognos ReportNet. Steps:1. Navigate to the ReportNet bin directory on your server and copy a .DLL called LFA.dll (LFA stands for Local File Access) to your client machines that should be able to save reports locally. This file is installed as part of the Gateway component and needs to be registered on your client machines.
2. To register the .DLL, type regsvr32 LFA.dll in a command line on the client machines and press <Enter>. After that click on the confirmation box.
3. In a browser session, from the Tools menu click select Internet options. Click the Security tab, select Trusted sites and click the Sites button. In the Add this Web Site to the zone: section type http://localhost and click the Add button. Once again, in the Add this Web Site to the zone: section type http://<serverName> and click the Add button.
Note: Theses setting sonly need to be changed if the custom level is not set to Low
4. Set the following Active X controls for the Trusted Sites. Click Custom Level. Scroll down to the following items - Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls set to Enable. Download unsigned ActiveX controls set to Prompt. Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe set to Prompt
Note: If the ReportNet server is not on the same computer as the browser, then the computer name must be used instead of localhost.
Click OK. Click OK again.
5. In order for the changes to take effect, the current browser session must be closed. Start a new browser session.
6. Click the Report Studio link in Cognos Connection and select the Go Sales and Retailers package.
7. Click Create a new report, select List and click OK.
7. From the File menu, the Open, Save and Save As, options are available.
8. Click Tools and select Options. Check the Allow local file access checkbox and click OK. Now, the File menu lists Local Open, and Local Save As for menu item options.
9. To open a local .XML file as a report, select Local Open and click yes "Allow interaction" and browse to the location where the .XML file is located.
mgibson 2700002RPC592 Posts
Re: where do the reports save in cognos2009-12-15T02:32:16ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.
- chaitu cognos 270002R2ET
It's generally better to keep your reports stored in the Content Store - saving them in a local directory is redundant.
Moving reports from one environment to another is easy, and can be done in more than on way;
1. Deploy the package (i.e Export and Import) which contains the reports
2. Copy the report definition to the clip board and open from clipboard
3. Obtain the report definition from within the CS database (not recommended)
Re: where do the reports save in cognos2009-12-15T13:26:25ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.
- mgibson 2700002RPC
All your questions should be answered there.
And for addition - it CAN make sense to store report outputs in a file system, especially when this is the way for you to provide some of your informations to users outside the cognos-environment. But PLEASE get in touch with the cognos concept of saving the output (or many versions of report outputs) close / inside the report specification in the cognos content store - where you can benefit from the cognos-things like security, where outputs are stored, where outputs can be archived, where outputs can be managed/bursted... and so on.