Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-11-29T17:57:23Z by jaybowen
talkietoaster
talkietoaster
4 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How can I create a physical record within a workflow?

‏2009-11-23T05:47:26Z |
I am looking for help creating a record from within a workflow in P8 RM V4.5.0. The on-line help says that there is a declareRecord method in the RM_Operations component queue, but I cannot find any examples. In particular, I need to create records for physical files (what RM calls "Marker Record" objects). The main problem I have is that the "Home Location" and "Location" properties are objects and I do not know how to pass these to the component. (The component has arrays for the property names and values to be set, but I can't figure out how to set two of the values to objects.)
Updated on 2012-10-25T21:36:54Z at 2012-10-25T21:36:54Z by SystemAdmin
  • Ankit816
    Ankit816
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How can I create a physical record within a workflow?

‏2010-05-10T21:35:42Z  in response to talkietoaster
    Home Location and Location are custom objects in CE. You need to select existing custom object or create new custom objects and pass them as parameters.
    • jaygo_b
      jaygo_b
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-08-13T08:47:47Z  in response to Ankit816
      Hi Ankit,

Can you share any sample code for creating Physical records using FileNet RM Java API ?

Thanks
      Jay
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        40 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-25T21:36:54Z  in response to jaygo_b
        You should be able to just do the regular declare() method from a container like RecordCategory and just pass in the PhysicalRecord class ("Markers"). You will still need to set all the required properties in the property object you are passing in. For the custom objects like Location and HomeLocation, you can obtain references to those objects using the standard FileNet API.
  • jaybowen
    jaybowen
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-29T17:57:23Z  in response to talkietoaster

Hi Talkie,

Create a custom component adaptor that calls the RM APIs, should take you about 20 lines of code.  private message me if you need a code snippet.