• Latest Post - ‏2009-04-08T06:30:11Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
151 Posts

Pinned topic Deploy ODM

‏2009-03-28T02:38:42Z |

[Boon said:]

Hello,

When I depoly the ODM in OPL, I will have files in folder "deploy". (with default setting)

My question is :  before I can send this folder to other people to run from their computer, do I need to open the ODM application and create new Scenario first?

I noticed that the size of the folder "Deploy" gets bigger after I created the new default scenario.

Thank you
Updated on 2009-04-08T06:30:11Z at 2009-04-08T06:30:11Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    151 Posts

Re: Deploy ODM

‏2009-03-30T18:48:46Z  

[alain.chabrier said:]

Hi,

if you deployed your application with the default internal DB and with repository being created locally to your application, then the scenario you create will be created in some files in a subdirectory (odmrepository) of the deploy directory.

Then if you zip and send all the deploy directory, the person who receive it and execute it will indeed be able to open the scenarios you had created.

You can also deploy the application with a remote scenario DB using Oracle/DB2 server. Then you and the other person can not only get access to the other person scenarios, but the changes will be shared among all.

Hope this answer your question,

Alain
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    151 Posts

Re: Deploy ODM

‏2009-04-08T06:30:11Z  

[alain.chabrier said:]

Hi,

if you deployed your application with the default internal DB and with repository being created locally to your application, then the scenario you create will be created in some files in a subdirectory (odmrepository) of the deploy directory.

Then if you zip and send all the deploy directory, the person who receive it and execute it will indeed be able to open the scenarios you had created.

You can also deploy the application with a remote scenario DB using Oracle/DB2 server. Then you and the other person can not only get access to the other person scenarios, but the changes will be shared among all.

Hope this answer your question,

Alain

[Boon said:]

It does. Thanks!