• Latest Post - ‏2009-11-05T18:21:48Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1512 Posts

Pinned topic ILOG Jrules builder restarts issue

‏2009-10-21T03:15:20Z |

[ema said:]

[color=blue][u][i][b]Scenario 1:[/b][/i][/u][/color]

I have a template and I build some rules against that template.  Now that I change the template, I expect to see the changes to be reflected on those rules as well. However, the rules that built on that template do not pick up the changes until I restart the Ilog Jrule software. There is no "refresh" button.

[color=blue][u][i][b]Scenario 2:[/b][/i][/u][/color]

I use BRLDF to create my own language. I use the java call back in the BRLDF token model. If I change the java class (need to do that very often), I have to restart the Ilog Jrule software to see the change I made in the java class.

[color=red][b]Basically, I have to close the rule builder, and open it again to see the updates. [/b][/color]

Does anyone have the same experience?
Updated on 2009-11-05T18:21:48Z at 2009-11-05T18:21:48Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1512 Posts

Re: ILOG Jrules builder restarts issue

‏2009-10-30T04:09:25Z  

Does anybody have this issue?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1512 Posts

‏2009-11-03T09:20:29Z  

Does anybody have this issue?

[jacquelineth said:]

Hello Ema,

I do not reproduce the scenario 1, and my feeling is that it should not change you rule instance.
    Regarding the second scenario, I have no idea of what you are refering to.
    Can you provide  samples of both cases, please.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1512 Posts

‏2009-11-03T23:43:44Z  

Hello Ema,

I do not reproduce the scenario 1, and my feeling is that it should not change you rule instance.
    Regarding the second scenario, I have no idea of what you are refering to.
    Can you provide  samples of both cases, please.

Hi jacquelineth,

I appreciate your response.

I cannot find a way to upload pictures in this forum. Can you provide your email? I will send you the screenshots.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1512 Posts

‏2009-11-04T06:30:45Z  

Hi jacquelineth,

I appreciate your response.

I cannot find a way to upload pictures in this forum. Can you provide your email? I will send you the screenshots.

Hello Ema,

I will send you an e-mail where you can upload this but I just wanted to confirm that you can upload things on this forum.Click  "Additional Options".
    Note that better than screenshots a small sample trimmed of your private data, would help a lot.

Regards
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1512 Posts

‏2009-11-05T01:36:35Z  

Hello Ema,

I will send you an e-mail where you can upload this but I just wanted to confirm that you can upload things on this forum.Click  "Additional Options".
    Note that better than screenshots a small sample trimmed of your private data, would help a lot.

Regards

jacquelineth,

Thank you very much for showing me the upload!!!

In the attachment, you can see the test template I created. There is "reload BRLDF definition" option in the right click menu, which means I can refresh it if I change the BRLDF definition files outside the ILOG jrule(schema xsd file, and properties file).

If I build a rule based off this template.

Let's say If exist then

Then I change the template
    If <TestExistnotExist> then ADD ACTION

The rule will still be If exist then .  It will not see the ADD ACTION until ILOG jrule is restarted.

There is simply no reload BRLDF option for the rule.

This is the Scenario One.

Again, as a lot of rookie one star users, I really appreciate your help and your commitment to this forum.
    Thanks,
    ema

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1512 Posts

‏2009-11-05T18:21:48Z  

jacquelineth,

Thank you very much for showing me the upload!!!

In the attachment, you can see the test template I created. There is "reload BRLDF definition" option in the right click menu, which means I can refresh it if I change the BRLDF definition files outside the ILOG jrule(schema xsd file, and properties file).

If I build a rule based off this template.

Let's say If exist then

Then I change the template
    If <TestExistnotExist> then ADD ACTION

The rule will still be If exist then .  It will not see the ADD ACTION until ILOG jrule is restarted.

There is simply no reload BRLDF option for the rule.

This is the Scenario One.

Again, as a lot of rookie one star users, I really appreciate your help and your commitment to this forum.
    Thanks,
    ema

Hello Ema,

The problem is that your plugin is loaded in the Eclipse JVM, so as for any classes loaded in the classloader it cannot be easily discarded/modified.
    Without your BRLDF plugin it's difficult to point the error but modifying a loaded plugin  cannot work (unless it relies on script..).
    Try to look at the IRL tab of your rules since your change appears on reload, it means they are saved somehow.

Forums stars are only about the numbers of posts, nothing else...
    Regards