Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2009-11-28T10:42:07Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
801 Posts

Pinned topic WSDL file for a Relational Database connectivity in Active Insight

‏2009-11-18T22:34:02Z |
How do I create a WSDL file for accessing the relational database to specify in the Active Insight Data Source?
Updated on 2009-11-28T10:42:07Z at 2009-11-28T10:42:07Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    801 Posts

Re: WSDL file for a Relational Database connectivity in Active Insight

‏2009-11-20T02:11:19Z  
    Hi, do you mean you want to create a Web Service which access a relational database? Generally a Web service will have a WSDL file for its description.

If you have Portlet Factory or WebSphere Dashboard Framework, such job is pretty easy. Add SQL call builders to access DB, and add Service Definition builder to generate WSDL.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    801 Posts

Re: WSDL file for a Relational Database connectivity in Active Insight

‏2009-11-28T10:42:07Z  
    Hi, do you mean you want to create a Web Service which access a relational database? Generally a Web service will have a WSDL file for its description.

If you have Portlet Factory or WebSphere Dashboard Framework, such job is pretty easy. Add SQL call builders to access DB, and add Service Definition builder to generate WSDL.
    Hi - Thanks for your response. I tried this, however am having hard time reading the data source from WAS CE in Portlet factory. I created a database pool (I is the only option I found in WAS CE to create a data source) jdbc/sampleDS and tried to speciry sampleDS for the SQL Call builder in Portlet factory. However got an error since it could not read sample DS. Any suggestions? Thanks.