Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
13 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-06-21T07:28:07Z by mahi4ws
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6184 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Error generating WTX map

‏2009-11-18T06:07:03Z |
I have this problem in one of our partner, the format of the file has a header and a footer. I don't have a problem with the header since after one field it has a space to go to another field but with the footer same with the header it has 1 field but with no space after. The error shows ('0001400000009905...') fails minimum size requirements. But when I erase the footer it runs successfully.

Attached is the file use in generating a WTX map.
Hope you could help me with this one. Thanks
Updated on 2009-11-23T15:15:34Z at 2009-11-23T15:15:34Z by Rich_McFate
  • repanzer
    repanzer
    312 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Error generating WTX map

‏2009-11-18T15:23:12Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    The attached file looks like your input, right? You can export a map and re-import it, so I would be careful saying "a file to generate a WTX map", because there is such a file.

You should put more of the trace file in your post, not just the:

('0001400000009905...') fails minimum size requirements.
    That is pointing to a field which fails the min size requirment. What is the size requiremnt on this field, and does it show the fields giving the error is part of the footer record?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6184 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-11-19T09:52:27Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Yes the attached file is my input file.

Here is the complete trace of the error

(Level 2: Offset 2478, len 23, comp 1 of 33, #1, DI 00000026:)
    Data at offset 2478 ('0001400000009905...') fails minimum size requirements
    TYPE X'0007' (Item_Count Field Root).

Yes it shows the field
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      6184 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-11-19T12:11:59Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      You need to look at the Item_Count Field's Min Size value that is defined in your type tree. As Repanzer said earlier, the error is telling you that the actual size of the data is less than what you have defined as the Min Size for that field in the type tree. So, either the data is too small or the type tree is defined incorrectly.
    • repanzer
      repanzer
      312 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-11-19T14:55:30Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Here is the complete trace of the error

I'm assuming Item_count field Root is only in the footer and you know that.

As myself and Mike mentioned, you need to check the min size in the type tree. If you are unsure how to do that, the first thing you need to do is read the documentation. This is probabably one of the most common errors in EDI for any translator, enviroment, or shop. If you are unsure how to check your file and field definition in the software you are using, you need to RTFM.

The definition for RTFM on the internet; it's one of the most proficient technological resource concepts.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6184 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-11-20T05:51:17Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    @MikeBixby
    @repanzer

As you suggested I changed the field to a shorter one and made the Min Size of the Item_Count field to 9 same as the size of the new field but same error occurred.

Attached is the screenshot of Item_count properties which shows my configurations.I think the reason for the error is the lack of space after the field, if you take a look of my first attachment Copy of Copy of ABSCBN.txt. Is there another way how to resolve this problem.

Thanks for the reply
    • NancyR
      NancyR
      202 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-11-20T13:02:36Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      One of your earlier posts showed the entry in the trace file as:

WTX is seeing the data for Item_Count Field Root as 23 characters long (possibly because the next character is the record terminator). However, the item properties indicate a Padded to Length of 27 in a Fixed Group. So, if the record is fixed length, WTX would expect to see 27 characters not the 23 it found.
    • repanzer
      repanzer
      312 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-11-20T13:59:15Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      @dongsTER

As you suggested I changed the field to a shorter one and made the Min Size of the Item_Count field to 9 same as the size of the new field but same error occurred.
      Actually, I just said check the min count and he said you need to look at it, and either data is too small or the type tree is defined incorrectly; no one said that "making the field smaller" would fix the problem, not that I have any idea whether you remove characters from the input or redefined the field in the type tree.

What I'm saying is that it is a problem with the set up or the length somehow. Take your file, run it, get the error, update the min content, see what happens. Remove pad characters, change related settings; there are only a handful of fields in the type tree to manipulate that deal with min and max size. Mess this them, figure out what the map is doing with the attribute you defined, or keep the type tree the same and change the data and keep checking the trace.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6184 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-11-21T07:39:25Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    @NancyR

I changed the padded length to the size of ITem_Count to the size of the content of the input, but still it shows the same error. I attached the Type Tree of my input so that you could see where would I get wrong.
    repanzer
    I do changed the min size, remove pad characters but I still get the same error. The only thing it works is when I remove the row of the field where I get the error.

Thanks for the reply
    • repanzer
      repanzer
      312 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-11-21T18:56:22Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      I didn't look at the type tree, but put a string of 1's, enough so you go over the max characters allowed and see what happens, then reduce the string until the error changes. If it doesn't, you're doing something wrong. You are anaylzing and saving the type tree then clicking yes in map designer, right?

And post the entire trace file.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6184 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-11-23T09:31:47Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    @repanzer
    Thanks for the reply my map runs successfully.(The Min size problem) :)

I have another problem

Everything runs smoothly with excel file as my input file in the WTX, but when I build the map to Datapower an error occurred. It says "Cannot change Runtime to Websphere DataPower. One or more Source or Target Adapters specified are incorrect. Please Rectify them before changing the Runtime to Websphere Datapower".
    Attached is the screenshot of the error I encountered.

Hope you could help me.
    Thanks
    • NancyR
      NancyR
      202 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-11-23T14:41:50Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Have you looked at your input and output cards to see what adapters you are using? I haven't been able to find anything in the WDP literature about exactly what adapters are supported. You might try changing them all to file and then changing each one back to the adapter you want to use and building the map to see which one(s) are causing the build error.

If you do that, please report your findings back to this forum.
      • Rich_McFate
        Rich_McFate
        34 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-11-23T15:15:34Z  in response to NancyR
        WTX adapters are not supported on WDP.

You must set all of your source and target cards to use File, and you may not use any external reference functions (e.g. GET, PUT, RUN, DBLOOKUP, DBQUERY.)

My guess is that you have one or more cards set to use a resource adapter.
    • mahi4ws
      mahi4ws
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-06-21T07:28:07Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Hi @SystemAdmin can you plese explore me littlebit more I'm also facing the same problem for the same scenario like I'm getting the input from excel file

Please let me know this thread is  not opening the previous conversations