• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2009-11-17T19:13:53Z by SystemAdmin
mwilliamson
mwilliamson
5 Posts

Pinned topic Starting TAU from external link

‏2009-11-17T09:33:50Z |
Hi All,

Although I am able to navigate between DOORS and TAU using the Integration, I would like to be able to open a TAU diagram directly from an external link. Using the URN I am able to open TAU directly but the project is not found.

tlog://<urn:u2tauprojects:TAU 4.3\6016C\6016C.ttp>:u2:mvbSGI3bQQCLvntWtIjODMOE

Is there anything else needed to identify u2tauprojects?

Cheers

Mark
Updated on 2009-11-17T19:13:53Z at 2009-11-17T19:13:53Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    147 Posts

Re: Starting TAU from external link

‏2009-11-17T15:53:49Z  
    Hi

A URL always refers to an absolute filesystem path so the project (.ttp/.ttw) and model (.u2) files must still be in the place they were when the URL was captured.

This works for me: get a URL of a diagram or model element from within Tau using right-click->Copy URL, then you should be able to close Tau, paste the url into a browser address bar and it will open Tau with the item selected. The first time I had to confirm that Tau should be used to open tlog URLs, after that it goes straight to Tau.

There are a number of predefined URNs in Tau, although the documentation seems to be missing for u2tauprojects which afaict maps to My Documents\My Projects, i.e. c:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Projects. Look in the help for 'URN' to find the other predefined URNs. You can also define your own, so that different users can have network resources on different physical network paths but refer to them logically using the same URN within the Tau model.

HTH
    Ian
  • mwilliamson
    mwilliamson
    5 Posts

‏2009-11-17T17:29:46Z  
    Hi

A URL always refers to an absolute filesystem path so the project (.ttp/.ttw) and model (.u2) files must still be in the place they were when the URL was captured.

This works for me: get a URL of a diagram or model element from within Tau using right-click->Copy URL, then you should be able to close Tau, paste the url into a browser address bar and it will open Tau with the item selected. The first time I had to confirm that Tau should be used to open tlog URLs, after that it goes straight to Tau.

There are a number of predefined URNs in Tau, although the documentation seems to be missing for u2tauprojects which afaict maps to My Documents\My Projects, i.e. c:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Projects. Look in the help for 'URN' to find the other predefined URNs. You can also define your own, so that different users can have network resources on different physical network paths but refer to them logically using the same URN within the Tau model.

HTH
    Ian
    Hi Ian,

Thanks for your response and it was nice to see you again at the RSC.

The urn from the DOORS proxy module or directly from the model works fine if pasted into a browser window. TAU 4.3 launches and an applicable workspace is found before the associated diagram loads.

When the same urn is executed from a DOORS external link, TAU launches but the workspace is not addressed. I would like to be able to launch and display a TAU diagram from within a DOORS external link attribute so that it was accessable from within a TraceLine browser configuration.

Is this an issue with DOORS handling of the URN?

Thanks

Mark
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    147 Posts

‏2009-11-17T19:13:53Z  
    Hi Ian,

Thanks for your response and it was nice to see you again at the RSC.

The urn from the DOORS proxy module or directly from the model works fine if pasted into a browser window. TAU 4.3 launches and an applicable workspace is found before the associated diagram loads.

When the same urn is executed from a DOORS external link, TAU launches but the workspace is not addressed. I would like to be able to launch and display a TAU diagram from within a DOORS external link attribute so that it was accessable from within a TraceLine browser configuration.

Is this an issue with DOORS handling of the URN?

Thanks

Mark
    Hi Mark

It works for me, using DOORS 9.2 and Tau 4.3.

I copy a URL from a diagram in a project in Tau, close Tau, create an external link, outgoing, on an object in DOORS, paste the url give it a name and description, then follow the link and Tau opens with the diagram visible. I also get a new firefox tab which is empty, and irritatingly firefox pops over the tau window, but it works.

Sounds like you should raise a support case.

Regards
    Ian