IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2009-12-16T12:19:53Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
706 Posts

Pinned topic File Level Backup Problem

‏2009-11-13T15:26:30Z |
Hi

I am wondering if anyone can help me please. I am running a hosted RHEL5 Linux partition on Power 5+ I running V6R1.

I have installed Extended Integrated Server Support, configured the Samba share & can view the shares via QNTC. I have added a member to QAZLCSAVL for the NWSD & the share I want to backup

When I run the SAV command I get the following error messages:

SAV DEV('qsys.lib/foxb.lib/save.file') OBJ(('/QNTC/PRFILE01/home/brettfox1/*'))

NTA02F4 - Server PRFILE01 was unable to prepare for file level backup
CPFA0D4 - File system error occurred. Error number 44

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks

Brett
Updated on 2009-12-16T12:19:53Z at 2009-12-16T12:19:53Z by SystemAdmin
  • ed_pollard
    ed_pollard
    16 Posts

Re: File Level Backup Problem

‏2009-11-30T17:20:20Z  
    Brett,
    Sorry for the delay here, we are tracking down an expert in this area to get you an answer. The one question I have to ask is if you have the powerpc-utils from the following web page:
    https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/lopdiags/redhat/hmcmanaged/rhel5.html
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    706 Posts

‏2009-12-07T18:44:21Z  
    In addition to installing the Integrated Server Support on System i, the Hosted Linux server needs to have code installed and running that will communicate with IBM i operating system that will accept the save request and bundle up the saved data to be returned to the SAV command. This is installed from a Linux command prompt, but the code resides on IBM i in directory '/qibm/ProdData/IntegratedOS/Linux/GUEST/Install'.
    Information about running the post install utility can be found at this link:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v6r1m0/index.jsp?topic=/rzahq/completingtheintegratedlinuxserverinstallation.htm

Note that these specific directions are for iSCSI attached Linux servers as opposed to LPAR Linux servers, but the ibmsetup.sh installation script exists for both platforms.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    706 Posts

‏2009-12-16T12:19:53Z  
    Hi

Many thanks for the responses. I had installed the utilities & I installed the post install utilities as part of installing Extended Integrated Server Support. The issue was resolved by installing the group PTF SF99357 IBM i Integration with BladeCenter - even though I am not using a BladeCenter!!

Thanks for all your help

Brett