3 replies Latest Post - ‏2009-12-16T12:19:53Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
706 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic File Level Backup Problem

‏2009-11-13T15:26:30Z |
Hi

I am wondering if anyone can help me please. I am running a hosted RHEL5 Linux partition on Power 5+ I running V6R1.

I have installed Extended Integrated Server Support, configured the Samba share & can view the shares via QNTC. I have added a member to QAZLCSAVL for the NWSD & the share I want to backup

When I run the SAV command I get the following error messages:

SAV DEV('qsys.lib/foxb.lib/save.file') OBJ(('/QNTC/PRFILE01/home/brettfox1/*'))

NTA02F4 - Server PRFILE01 was unable to prepare for file level backup
CPFA0D4 - File system error occurred. Error number 44

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks

Brett
Updated on 2009-12-16T12:19:53Z at 2009-12-16T12:19:53Z by SystemAdmin
  • ed_pollard
    ed_pollard
    16 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: File Level Backup Problem

‏2009-11-30T17:20:20Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Brett,
    Sorry for the delay here, we are tracking down an expert in this area to get you an answer. The one question I have to ask is if you have the powerpc-utils from the following web page:
    https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/lopdiags/redhat/hmcmanaged/rhel5.html
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    706 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-12-07T18:44:21Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    In addition to installing the Integrated Server Support on System i, the Hosted Linux server needs to have code installed and running that will communicate with IBM i operating system that will accept the save request and bundle up the saved data to be returned to the SAV command. This is installed from a Linux command prompt, but the code resides on IBM i in directory '/qibm/ProdData/IntegratedOS/Linux/GUEST/Install'.
    Information about running the post install utility can be found at this link:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v6r1m0/index.jsp?topic=/rzahq/completingtheintegratedlinuxserverinstallation.htm

Note that these specific directions are for iSCSI attached Linux servers as opposed to LPAR Linux servers, but the ibmsetup.sh installation script exists for both platforms.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    706 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-12-16T12:19:53Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi

Many thanks for the responses. I had installed the utilities & I installed the post install utilities as part of installing Extended Integrated Server Support. The issue was resolved by installing the group PTF SF99357 IBM i Integration with BladeCenter - even though I am not using a BladeCenter!!

Thanks for all your help

Brett