• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2009-11-12T22:31:06Z by uniqu3
uniqu3
uniqu3
19 Posts

Pinned topic JSF custom component

‏2009-11-12T05:23:06Z |
All,

I am creating a custom JSF component in a JSF/Portal environment, can anyone see what I might be doing wrong. I dont want a custom renderer in this case, and I have been through http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=277961&tstart=30 to no avail. I have included only the interesting bits, if I can just get it to display some text then I can continue from there, but its getting to that point.. Note that this tag is part of the project that is implementing it.

Is there something specific to portal environments that means this does not work? Is it necessary for a custom component to have a CustomPropertyResolver or CustomVariableResolver?

I could not get around the forum message below without removing content, so I have attached the rest of this message as a file..

Disallowed content detected

Many thanks,
Ed
Updated on 2009-11-12T22:31:06Z at 2009-11-12T22:31:06Z by uniqu3
  • BobG
    BobG
    624 Posts

Re: JSF custom component

‏2009-11-12T12:55:31Z  
    No you do not need a CustomPropertyResolver or CustomVariableResolver (that you asked is a bit concerning). There are a few things that could cause
    JSPG0009E: Unable to load tag handler class
    Class name incorrectly entered in the tld.
    The class has compilation errors.
    the class/jar file is not in the correct location

Are you using rad 7.5?
  • uniqu3
    uniqu3
    19 Posts

Re: JSF custom component

‏2009-11-12T22:31:06Z  
    • BobG
    • ‏2009-11-12T12:55:31Z
    No you do not need a CustomPropertyResolver or CustomVariableResolver (that you asked is a bit concerning). There are a few things that could cause
    JSPG0009E: Unable to load tag handler class
    Class name incorrectly entered in the tld.
    The class has compilation errors.
    the class/jar file is not in the correct location

Are you using rad 7.5?
    Thanks BobG,

The class name in the TLD matches that in the package structure and class name for my tag handler. There are no compilation errors and the classes are in the build ear->war.

I was unsure about the CustomPropertyResolver or CustomVariableResolver as I cant find a reason for the code I have not to work, and the wizard creates these things. I want to keep the code as simple as I can though.

Regards,
    Ed