3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-09-22T01:37:19Z by SystemAdmin
DanielaRosa
DanielaRosa
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Attaching file to TASKS - for documentation

‏2009-11-10T16:54:11Z |
Hi There!

My customer would like to attach files and files of the print screens to the TASKS so he can align and document an "operational guide"to the tasks of the process model.

I know it is possible to attach files in the process level.. But is it possible to tasks?
Is there any task attribute that allows a file attachment? I guess I can't do it on the description attribute...

As alternative I thought about using comments on the publishing server, to attach the files, but when the model is "released", it seems you cannot view or access the comments anymore...

So what is the best answer to such requirement of my customer??? How can we implement this requirement of create and generate an operational documentation of the activities of the process???
THANKS IN ADVANCE
DANIELA ROSA - IBM BRAZIL
Anexar arquivos ou telas para cada step do processo alinhando o procedimento operacional com os processos operacionais;
Updated on 2012-09-22T01:37:19Z at 2012-09-22T01:37:19Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    221 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Attaching file to TASKS - for documentation

‏2009-11-12T15:05:29Z  in response to DanielaRosa
    Hi

As far as I know, it can't be done.

You can add text on the description field inside the attributes view inside every task. But files can only be attached on the general attributes of the complete process.

Regards
  • JayantBPMN
    JayantBPMN
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-18T15:17:30Z  in response to DanielaRosa
    Hello DANIELA,

did you get any solution for your requirement?
    Can you or someone please help me if you got any answer to this.

Thanks & Regards,
    Jayant Wadatkar
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      221 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-09-22T01:37:19Z  in response to JayantBPMN
      Hi Jayant

I'm checking today with Websphere Business modeler 7.0.0.4 and you can not attach a file at "task" level.
      But what you can do is link the task to some files in a specific folder, by going to tasks properties on the "General" left tab, go to the right on "link" and Add a new one. There you will be show the option to link a file.

This is not attaching, but linking files may be a solution here.

Regards
      Martín