Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2009-11-10T08:06:52Z by HannahCH
HannahCH
HannahCH
4 Posts

Pinned topic JDBC Auto-Increment Error: JDBC connections can not be tested in this app

‏2009-11-06T06:58:30Z |
I have tried to test the JDBC Auto-Increment feature in eForm 5.0.1

Tested JDBC Lookup, works fine.

but after create a form template, place a field, click on the cell, select 'value', select 'Auto-Increment' using 'JDBC'.

Defined JDBC Connection as did in the JDBC Lookup:

e.g.
Connection string: jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://hqdemo1;DatabaseName=CDB
Driver class file: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver
User: sa
Password:filenet

then set the SQL as the follwing:

update FormNumberTable set NextFormNumber =
NextFormNumber + 1;
Select NextFormNumber from FormNumberTable;
<<1@ClaimNo>>

After saving the template, test it in the 'Test Mode', however, when I try to 'Assign Next Value', got the following error:
JDBC connections can not be tested in this application

I have double checked the database name, table, and data field name, they are correct, and performs well in Lookup feature.

Anyone has had this kind of prob before???
Any clues , hints are appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Updated on 2009-11-10T08:06:52Z at 2009-11-10T08:06:52Z by HannahCH
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    53 Posts

Re: JDBC Auto-Increment Error: JDBC connections can not be tested in this app

‏2009-11-06T15:26:32Z  
    Try:

1. Try Auto-increment using ODBC;
    2. On eForms Designer workstation define the ODBC in order to test this from designer
    3. On AE server configure in FileNet/Config/AE/eforms-preferences.xml file the ODBC like:

<preferences> <sql> <connection dsn=
    "<ODBC_NAME>" driver=
    "" user=
    "" password=
    "" url=
    ""> </connection> </sql> </preferences>

Good luck!
  • HannahCH
    HannahCH
    4 Posts

‏2009-11-09T02:02:55Z  
    Thanks cmocanu .

I would like to try the ODBC one later.

However, I am still wondering why the JDBC does not work. Did I miss any prerequisite works???
    Still bothers me a lot. Appreciate any points.

Thanks a lot.
  • HannahCH
    HannahCH
    4 Posts

‏2009-11-09T03:25:17Z  
    I found that JDBC connections cannot be tested in the eForms Designer test mode, the template must be deployed to a properly configured Filenet P8 system.

I have checked the template in to workplace, and test it in the workplace, no Numerical value has been automatically assigned to the field, no error message showed.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    53 Posts

‏2009-11-09T13:40:26Z  
    • HannahCH
    • ‏2009-11-09T03:25:17Z
    I found that JDBC connections cannot be tested in the eForms Designer test mode, the template must be deployed to a properly configured Filenet P8 system.

I have checked the template in to workplace, and test it in the workplace, no Numerical value has been automatically assigned to the field, no error message showed.
    Hi,

I had the same problem with JDBC lookup/auto increment, so, I had switch to ODBC lookup/auto increment.
  • HannahCH
    HannahCH
    4 Posts

‏2009-11-10T08:06:52Z  
    Hi,

I had the same problem with JDBC lookup/auto increment, so, I had switch to ODBC lookup/auto increment.
    Hi cmocanu

my prob has been fixed.

the root cause is the SQL statement issue.

add 'where'condition clause to both 'update' and 'select' statements,
    and delete ';' after the 'select' statement,
    if placing ';' after the 'select' statement, will get a 'ChainedException' error when testing it.

Sample:
    update FormNumberTable set NextFormNumber =NextFormNumber + 1 where ID = 1;
    Select NextFormNumber from FormNumberTable where ID = 1
    <<1@ClaimNo>>

Hope it helps.