I'm try to run a 32-bit application under PurifyPlus on Windows 7 64-bit
but it fails during instrumentation each time.
The application is written in C and has being compiled with Visual Studio 2005 SP1.
I have install Purify 126.96.36.199-011 Build 10166 which is the latest fix.
Is Purify supported on Windows 7?
If not when will a fix be available
Is there any support for running 64-bit applications under Purify?
This topic has been locked.
18 replies Latest Post - 2012-01-10T04:22:27Z by SystemAdmin
Pinned topic Purify on Windows 7 64-bit
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2012-01-10T04:22:27Z at 2012-01-10T04:22:27Z by SystemAdmin
Re: Purify on Windows 7 64-bit2009-11-04T15:36:22Z in response to snuzum1. Sorry, PurifyPlus does not currently support Windows 7. Also, PurifyPlus does not
yet support any 64-bit Windows OS. At this time, our product teams are actively
working on support for 64-bit Windows, but no release date has been announced.
2. Using PurifyPlus 188.8.131.52 iFix 011, the following 32-bit Windows OS's are supported:
- Microsoft Windows Vista Business, No Service Pack, Service Pack 1, 2
- Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise, No Service Pack, Service Pack 1, 2
- Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate, No Service Pack, Service Pack 1, 2
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional, No Service Pack, Service Pack 1, 2, 3
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional, Service Pack 2, 3, 4
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server, Service Pack 2, 3, 4
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Service Pack 2, 3, 4
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition, No Service Pack, Service Pack 1, 2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition, No Service Pack, Service Pack 1, 2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition, No Service Pack, Service Pack 1, 2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition, No Service Pack, Service Pack 1, 2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition, No Service Pack, Service Pack 1, 2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition, No Service Pack, Service Pack 1, 2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Datacenter Edition, No Service Pack, Service Pack 1, 2
Bojan Turk 270002D1G41 Post
ED0K_Shriram_Utpat 120000ED0K1 Post
XICO2KX 270000Y0HR2 Posts
Re: Purify on Windows 7 64-bit2010-06-24T17:07:12Z in response to XICO2KXHi all,
1. An "early access" version of PurifyPlus is now available through Tech Support
which supports 32-bit Windows 7. Please contact your local Tech Support team
if you'd like a copy.
2. IBM continues to work on support for a number of different 64-bit Windows OS's
including Windows 7. Since PurifyPlus has never supported 64-bit Windows in
the past, you can understand that this is a significant engineering effort.
Sorry, IBM has not yet announced any release date for the version of PurifyPlus
that will support 64-bit Windows.
Mundras2010 270003GE3W2 Posts
Mundras2010 270003GE3W2 Posts
Re: Purify on Windows 7 64-bit2010-09-16T16:33:52Z in response to Mundras2010You can install PurifyPlus on the 64-bit version of any supported 32-bit Windows
OS. This includes Windows Server 2008. However, you can only use PurifyPlus to
test 32-bit applications at this time.
On a 64-bit Windows OS, you can use the -large-address-aware option which allows
Purify to use up to 4 GB of RAM. For details, see:
Re: Purify on Windows 7 64-bit2011-11-09T02:09:06Z in response to snuzumI am trying to install purifyplus 7.0.1 on my windows 7 64 bit machine and used directions from this post:
I am getting following message:
Error restoring installation manager State.
Error restoring Installation Manager state
Install registry has incompatible version 1.4.4; expected http://0.0.2,0.0.3
Re: Purify on Windows 7 64-bit2011-11-09T03:48:13Z in response to smasihPurifyPlus 184.108.40.206 iFix 001 (Build 11785) is the first version of PurifyPlus to
support Windows 7. Some people have also had success installing this version
of PurifyPlus on 64-bit Windows 7. If you have a current support contract with
IBM, you can download 220.127.116.11 iFix 001 here:
The 18.104.22.168 iFix 001 version of PurifyPlus will include an Installation Manager
that can be used on Windows 7. Note that you can only Purify 32-bit applications
at this time.
Re: Purify on Windows 7 64-bit2011-11-09T19:50:31Z in response to smasihI now have managed to get the product installed. For some reason, installation was checking for PersonalData/IBM folder which had some old files.
Once I removed that, I was able to install the product.
Now I cannot launch anything. I changed the preference > Compatibility to windows xp SP3 for pure coverage exe, but still cannot get it to launch.
what am I missing ?
Re: Purify on Windows 7 64-bit2011-11-11T02:55:56Z in response to smasihThe PurifyPlus tools don't even launch? Do you get any error messages complaining about
licenses or anything like that? My initial guess would've been that this was a licensing
issue of some kind --- but you usually get an error message if there's a problem with the
license. Here are some things you can try:
1. Double-check to make sure you have a valid PurifyPlus license installed. (Note that
the trial copies of PurifyPlus do NOT require a license).
2. Start up Purify from the command line to see if you get any errors. For example:
DOS> cd C:\Program Files\IBM\RationalPurifyPlus\PurifyPlus
3. Are you accessing the machine where Purify is installed using Remote Desktop or some-
thing like that? If possible, go directly to the machine where Purify is installed
rather than using any kind of "remote desktop" software.
4. Is your anti-virus software preventing Purify from launching? Unlikely, but you may
want to temporarily disable that to see if it makes any difference.
If all else fails, you may want to uninstall and reinstall PurifyPlus. Being unable to
even LAUNCH any of the tools may indicate that files are missing or something of that
snuzum 01000014VJ3 Posts