• 20 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-12-09T04:24:50Z by sreelathas
mosor
mosor
31 Posts

Pinned topic WPG 6.2 - simple distributed - upgrade FP1 - urgent

‏2009-10-19T11:15:07Z |
Hi, I have a problem and I need help.

The installation of FP1 seems to be OK but it is not.

I've updated WPG 6.2 simple-distributed from 6.2.0.0.273 to 6.2.0.1.333 on Windows platform.

I have applied fix on two directories bcghubdmgr and bcghubdistrib. I have IBM Update Installer v 7.0.0.5 and WPG UPDI for 6.2.0.0.

I verified fixpack installation log updatelog.txt and on the end of file I found that installation is successfull (EXITCODE=0, INSTCONFSUCCESS).
But on console, there is old version 6.2.0.0.273.
I checked WPGUpdate folder and found that ears have to be changed.
For example in application BCGArchiver two jars have to be changed: bcgCommon.jar and bcgConfig.jar.I found that jars still have old modified date and old sizes in installed application. There is no indication that applications has been changed.
The same situation is for other applications.

The WPGUpdate folder is created by fix installation process.

After installation FP1 I restarted all servers: dmgr, agent, bcgserver, bcgmas.

The same situation is if I choose -W update.nodename="Cluster" or -W update.nodename="bcgnode". There is no difference. I have in response file -W update.RunSQLFiles="YES".

Can anyone help me? Do I have to do something special for updating simple distributed mode?

Thanks in advance.
Updated on 2010-12-09T04:24:50Z at 2010-12-09T04:24:50Z by sreelathas
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    527 Posts

Re: WPG 6.2 - simple distributed - upgrade FP1 - urgent

‏2009-10-19T11:35:45Z  
    Hello ,

which install mode did you use ? silent or GUI ? what is the WAS version ?
    GUI shows success at the end that means FP would have installed successfully.

If the jars are not updated , there must me an issue.
    Please raise a PMR so that this issue can get teh priority.

Else you may send me logs generated under <DMGR>/logs/update/<pakname>.install folder and the response file on id -
    uladkani@in.ibm.com

Thanks
    Usha
  • mosor
    mosor
    31 Posts

‏2009-10-19T12:50:28Z  
    Hi,

At first I used silent mode, and I had -W update.nodename="bcgnode" and I noticed that jars are not changed, than I uninstalled fix and reinstalled by GUI. When I reinstalled with GUI I had -W update.nodename="Cluster". The same situation. There is no difference.
    On the end of GUI, I received message: "Installation Complete Success The following maintenance package was installed 6.2.0-WS -WPG-FP1_Advanced. I got message for the bcghubdmgr and for bcghubdistrib folder. etc "

On the end of silent installation for bcghubdmgr and bcghubdistrib folders:

"Ensure that this fix is applied from Deployment Manager Installed location, as t
    his fix has DataBase or Application EAR changes."

The WAS ND version is 6.1.0.25
    6.1.0-WS-WASSDK-WinX32-FP0000025.pak,6.1.0-WS-WAS-WinX32-FP0000025.pak)
    and 6.1.0.23-ws-was-ifpk86552.pak (PK86552,Readme.txt)

Thanks in advance.

A few minutes ago, I sent files to your e-mail.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    527 Posts

‏2009-10-19T13:15:31Z  
    Hello ,

I checked the log files.For existing cell environment there are some steps to be followed before applying fix on dmgr location.

Looks like you have not followed the mandatory steps to be performed before applying the fix on dmgr location.
    This is the technote you may refer to -

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21402404

You have to uninstall the fix first .

Then follow the steps given on tech note . then re install the fix on DMGr installed location.

This will correct the problem.

Thanks and regards
    Usha Ladkani
  • mosor
    mosor
    31 Posts

‏2009-10-19T13:45:01Z  
    Hi,

I saw that technote before I applied fix.
    When I installed WPG 6.2 a few months ago, I installed WPG on default WPG cell.

The file bcgSetupCmdLine.bat is under original \bcghubdmgr\bin and under \bcghubdistrib\bin.

But in WPG v6.2 Update Installer Guide.pdf on page 5 there is instruction:

" 3.
    Extract this zip to <DMGR installed location> and <Hub Installed location>
    After extraction, the folder structure on <DMGR installed location> is as follows:
    <DMGR installed location>/properties/version/…
    /responsefiles/…
    /bin/bcgHistory.sh
    /META-INF/MANIFEST.MF"

I was little suprised because I have very usefull batch under bin directory, for example bcgdisimport, so I decided to copy bcgHistory batch under existing bin directory.

When I started installation I got message:

"com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance, err, Configuration failed. The config action that failed was: UserInputValidation.
    (Oct 14, 2009 4:42:34 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance, err, CWUPI0013E: A configuration action failed. The failing configuration action is: UserInputValidation.
    (Oct 14, 2009 4:42:34 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance, err, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.NIFException: CWUPI0013E: A configuration action failed. The failing configuration action is: UserInputValidation.
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.install.NIFPackageApplicationPlugin.runInstallConfigActions(NIFPackageApplicationPlugin.java:805)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.install.NIFPackageApplicationPlugin.execute(NIFPackageApplicationPlugin.java:125)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.satellites.DeploySatellitesPlugin.configureSatellites(DeploySatellitesPlugin.java:254)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.satellites.DeploySatellitesPlugin.execute(DeploySatellitesPlugin.java:166)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance.executeTheseInstallPackages(InstallNIFMaintenance.java:1061)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance.executeThisInstallPackage(InstallNIFMaintenance.java:622)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance.executeThisInstallPackage(InstallNIFMaintenance.java:1012)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance.executeThisInstallPackage(InstallNIFMaintenance.java:500)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance.executeThisInstallPackage(InstallNIFMaintenance.java:432)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance.performExecution(InstallNIFMaintenance.java:379)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance.execute(InstallNIFMaintenance.java:77)
    at com.installshield.wizard.RunnableWizardBeanContext.run(RunnableWizardBeanContext.java:20)
    Caused by: com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.config.ConfigFailedException: CWUPI0013E: A configuration action failed. The failing configuration action is: UserInputValidation.
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.config.LaunchConfigManagerPlugin.execute(LaunchConfigManagerPlugin.java:74)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.config.NIFConfigPlugin.executeConfiguration(NIFConfigPlugin.java:110)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.install.NIFPackageApplicationPlugin.runInstallConfigActions(NIFPackageApplicationPlugin.java:760)
    ... 11 more"

Finally I do next:

I renamed original bin directory and create new, in fact just copy bin directory from UPDI for 6.2.0.0.zip and I saw in updateinstall.txt that installation was success. There is no setupcmdline.bat in UPDI for 6.2.0.0.zip bin directory.

Thanks in advance.
  • mosor
    mosor
    31 Posts

‏2009-10-19T15:12:06Z  
    Hi WPG,

I uninstalled fix.

I download bcgsetupcmdline and put it into \bcghubdmgr\bin and I'm trying to install fix again and I get message:
    "
    (Oct 19, 2009 4:59:17 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance, msg1, Running configuration command: UserInputValidation, percent complete: 14%
    (Oct 19, 2009 4:59:18 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.installtoolkitbridge.ISMPInstallToolkitBridgeForNIFramework, wrn, Config action failed: UserInputValidation - D:\Progs\WPG\bcghubdmgr\properties\version\nif\update\config\install\bcg\UserInputValidation.ijc
    (Oct 19, 2009 4:59:18 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance, err, Configuration failed. The config action that failed was: UserInputValidation.
    (Oct 19, 2009 4:59:18 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance, err, CWUPI0013E: A configuration action failed. The failing configuration action is: UserInputValidation.
    (Oct 19, 2009 4:59:18 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance, err, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.NIFException: CWUPI0013E: A configuration action failed. The failing configuration action is: UserInputValidation.
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.install.NIFPackageApplicationPlugin.runInstallConfigActions(NIFPackageApplicationPlugin.java:805)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.install.NIFPackageApplicationPlugin.execute(NIFPackageApplicationPlugin.java:125)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.satellites.DeploySatellitesPlugin.configureSatellites(DeploySatellitesPlugin.java:254)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.satellites.DeploySatellitesPlugin.execute(DeploySatellitesPlugin.java:166)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance.executeTheseInstallPackages(InstallNIFMaintenance.java:1061)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance.executeThisInstallPackage(InstallNIFMaintenance.java:622)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance.executeThisInstallPackage(InstallNIFMaintenance.java:1012)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance.executeThisInstallPackage(InstallNIFMaintenance.java:500)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance.executeThisInstallPackage(InstallNIFMaintenance.java:432)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance.performExecution(InstallNIFMaintenance.java:379)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance.execute(InstallNIFMaintenance.java:77)
    at com.installshield.wizard.RunnableWizardBeanContext.run(RunnableWizardBeanContext.java:20)
    Caused by: com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.config.ConfigFailedException: CWUPI0013E: A configuration action failed. The failing configuration action is: UserInputValidation.
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.config.LaunchConfigManagerPlugin.execute(LaunchConfigManagerPlugin.java:74)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.config.NIFConfigPlugin.executeConfiguration(NIFConfigPlugin.java:110)
    at com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.install.NIFPackageApplicationPlugin.runInstallConfigActions(NIFPackageApplicationPlugin.java:760)
    ... 11 more

"

CWUPI0000I: EXITCODE=1
    INSTCONFFAILED

It works only when bin directory has only bcgHistory.bat and bcgHistory.sh files but at that case it does not change installed applications as I said in my first mail.

I need help.

Thanks in advance.
  • mosor
    mosor
    31 Posts

‏2009-10-19T15:39:15Z  
    Hi,

I put bcgsetupCmdLine in to bcghubdmgr\wasND\Profiles\bcgdmgr\bin and bcghubdistrib\wasND\Profiles\bcgprofile\bin

and applications are still unchanged.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    527 Posts

‏2009-10-19T16:09:59Z  
    • mosor
    • ‏2009-10-19T15:12:06Z
    Hi WPG,

I uninstalled fix.

I download bcgsetupcmdline and put it into \bcghubdmgr\bin and I'm trying to install fix again and I get message:
    "
    (Oct 19, 2009 4:59:17 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance, msg1, Running configuration command: UserInputValidation, percent complete: 14%
    (Oct 19, 2009 4:59:18 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.installtoolkitbridge.ISMPInstallToolkitBridgeForNIFramework, wrn, Config action failed: UserInputValidation - D:\Progs\WPG\bcghubdmgr\properties\version\nif\update\config\install\bcg\UserInputValidation.ijc
    (Oct 19, 2009 4:59:18 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance, err, Configuration failed. The config action that failed was: UserInputValidation.
    (Oct 19, 2009 4:59:18 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance, err, CWUPI0013E: A configuration action failed. The failing configuration action is: UserInputValidation.
    (Oct 19, 2009 4:59:18 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance, err, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.NIFException: CWUPI0013E: A configuration action failed. The failing configuration action is: UserInputValidation.
    ... 11 more

"

CWUPI0000I: EXITCODE=1
    INSTCONFFAILED

It works only when bin directory has only bcgHistory.bat and bcgHistory.sh files but at that case it does not change installed applications as I said in my first mail.

I need help.

Thanks in advance.
    You need to put bcgsetupcmdline into \bcghubdmgr\bin not under bcghubdmgr\wasND\Profiles\bcgdmgr\bin.

The content of file should be as given in the link.

Follow the given steps -

Clean the logs under DMGR/logs/update and re run UPDI and send me updateconfig.log generated under this directory.
  • mosor
    mosor
    31 Posts

‏2009-10-19T16:13:17Z  
    Hi,

as you can see at my POst Oct 19, 2009 03:45:01 PM

I put bcgsetupcmdline into \bcghubdmgr\bin but I got error message.

I will try again.

Thank you very much.
  • mosor
    mosor
    31 Posts

‏2009-10-19T16:16:10Z  
    Hi,

as you can see at my post Oct 19, 2009 05:12:06 PM

I put bcgsetupcmdline into \bcghubdmgr\bin but I got message.

I will try again.

Thank you very much.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    527 Posts

‏2009-10-19T16:59:10Z  
    You need to put bcgsetupcmdline into \bcghubdmgr\bin not under bcghubdmgr\wasND\Profiles\bcgdmgr\bin.

The content of file should be as given in the link.

Follow the given steps -

Clean the logs under DMGR/logs/update and re run UPDI and send me updateconfig.log generated under this directory.
    Hello ,

Soap port provided in response file is not correct , hence failing with below error -
    Exception creating admin client: ADMC0016E: The system cannot create a SOAP connector to connect to host localhost at port 55880

Please give the correct soap port of DMGR .

You may check this under admin console under System administration/Deployment manager/Ports/. The value of soap port will be value of SOAP_CONNECTOR_ADDRESS property.

Thanks and regards
    Usha
  • mosor
    mosor
    31 Posts

‏2009-10-19T17:06:52Z  
    Hi,

I send content of serverindex.xml from DMGR to your e-mail.

I execute command netstat -an and I can see port 55880:

TCP 0.0.0.0:55403 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
    TCP 0.0.0.0:55809 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
    TCP 0.0.0.0:55880 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
    TCP 0.0.0.0:58043 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
    TCP 0.0.0.0:58080 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
    TCP 0.0.0.0:58081 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
    TCP 0.0.0.0:58090 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
    TCP 0.0.0.0:58100 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
    TCP 0.0.0.0:58402 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
    TCP 0.0.0.0:58403 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
    TCP 0.0.0.0:58443 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
    TCP 0.0.0.0:58809 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING

Thank you very much.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    527 Posts

‏2009-10-19T17:11:50Z  
    Is DMGR not running ?? if not please start it,
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    527 Posts

‏2009-10-19T17:12:43Z  
    Is DMGR not running ?? if not please start it,
    please send me screen shot of System administration/Deployment manager/Ports/.
  • mosor
    mosor
    31 Posts

‏2009-10-19T17:16:03Z  
    Hi,

DMGR is running all the time.

I sent screen shot to your e-mail.

Thank you.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    527 Posts

‏2009-10-19T18:23:46Z  
    please send me screen shot of System administration/Deployment manager/Ports/.
    Under the ( dmgr profile created by you )profile\logs ctreated by you there will be a file named AboutThisProfile.txt

This file has the soap port ( Deployment manager SOAP connector port: ) which you need to give in response file.

I hope once you correct the port , it will go fine..

Thanks and regards
    Usha
  • mosor
    mosor
    31 Posts

‏2009-10-20T14:28:43Z  
    Hi WPG, thank you for help.

You are very kind.

Finally, I update my WPG 6.2.

I did not change port on WPG.

Regards
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    527 Posts

‏2010-12-07T02:25:47Z  
    • mosor
    • ‏2009-10-20T14:28:43Z
    Hi WPG, thank you for help.

You are very kind.

Finally, I update my WPG 6.2.

I did not change port on WPG.

Regards
    Hi Mosor,
    i met a similar issue. can you share your experience to me?
  • JoeGLi
    JoeGLi
    15 Posts

‏2010-12-09T03:28:14Z  
    Hi Mosor,
    i met a similar issue. can you share your experience to me?
    Hi,

I too am also having an issue with updating FP1 on WPG 6.2(Simple mode).

Error:
    (09/12/2010 12:55:49 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance, msg1, Running configuration command: UserInputValidation, percent complete: 14%
    (09/12/2010 12:55:51 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.installtoolkitbridge.ISMPInstallToolkitBridgeForNIFramework, wrn, Config action failed: UserInputValidation - C:\IBM\bcghub\properties\version\nif\update\config\install\bcg\UserInputValidation.ijc
    (09/12/2010 12:55:51 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance, err, Configuration failed. The config action that failed was: UserInputValidation.
    (09/12/2010 12:55:51 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance, err, CWUPI0013E: A configuration action failed. The failing configuration action is: UserInputValidation.
    (09/12/2010 12:55:51 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance, err, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.NIFException: CWUPI0013E: A configuration action failed. The failing configuration action is: UserInputValidation.
    Does anyone know why this error occurs?
    Thanks,
    Joe
  • _rita
    _rita
    25 Posts

‏2010-12-09T03:47:03Z  
    • JoeGLi
    • ‏2010-12-09T03:28:14Z
    Hi,

I too am also having an issue with updating FP1 on WPG 6.2(Simple mode).

Error:
    (09/12/2010 12:55:49 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance, msg1, Running configuration command: UserInputValidation, percent complete: 14%
    (09/12/2010 12:55:51 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.installtoolkitbridge.ISMPInstallToolkitBridgeForNIFramework, wrn, Config action failed: UserInputValidation - C:\IBM\bcghub\properties\version\nif\update\config\install\bcg\UserInputValidation.ijc
    (09/12/2010 12:55:51 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance, err, Configuration failed. The config action that failed was: UserInputValidation.
    (09/12/2010 12:55:51 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance, err, CWUPI0013E: A configuration action failed. The failing configuration action is: UserInputValidation.
    (09/12/2010 12:55:51 PM), Install, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.ismp.actions.InstallNIFMaintenance, err, com.ibm.ws.install.ni.framework.NIFException: CWUPI0013E: A configuration action failed. The failing configuration action is: UserInputValidation.
    Does anyone know why this error occurs?
    Thanks,
    Joe
    Hi Joe,

Wondering whether any exception error is observed in logs file:
    C:\IBM\bcghub\logs\updates\<pak_file_name>.install\updateconfig.log.gz

Please run the UPDI again to recover the previous failure.

Once rectify the issue what reported in the updateconfig.log.gz, then please re-run the UPDI.

Please Note: Highly recommend to install latest fixpack, currently the newest is FP5. (WPG fixpack package is cumulative, contains all fixes/new features included in previous fixpacks)
    -rita
  • sreelathas
    sreelathas
    55 Posts

‏2010-12-09T04:24:50Z  
    • _rita
    • ‏2010-12-09T03:47:03Z
    Hi Joe,

Wondering whether any exception error is observed in logs file:
    C:\IBM\bcghub\logs\updates\<pak_file_name>.install\updateconfig.log.gz

Please run the UPDI again to recover the previous failure.

Once rectify the issue what reported in the updateconfig.log.gz, then please re-run the UPDI.

Please Note: Highly recommend to install latest fixpack, currently the newest is FP5. (WPG fixpack package is cumulative, contains all fixes/new features included in previous fixpacks)
    -rita
    Hi Joe,

CWUPI0013E: A configuration action failed. The failing configuration action is: UserInputValidation.

This usually indicates a problem with the entries made in the response file, please check all the inputs you have provided in the response file before starting the update using UPDI, ensure that the product location, DB type, DB credentials etc are all valid , ensure that the right SOAP port is being provided in the response file. Check the WAS admin console for the SOAP port in use, ensure that the deployment manager is running while updating WPG if you are having WPG in distributed mode, else the WPG server should be running if you are updating WPG in simple mode.

Thanks.