• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-01-28T18:46:46Z by JirongHu
CQ_DUMMY
CQ_DUMMY
55 Posts

Pinned topic Archive inactive projects, groups or users

‏2009-10-15T15:34:38Z |
A couple of questions:

1. Is there a way to view the user gruop list in alphabetical order when creating a user and adding that user to certain group(s)? Every time I create a user I have to then go to groups and add users.

2. If I want to archive inactive projects, groups or users, is there any way I can do that?
Updated on 2009-10-16T15:21:16Z at 2009-10-16T15:21:16Z by CQ_DUMMY
  • sgw
    sgw
    1003 Posts

Re: Archive inactive projects, groups or users

‏2009-10-15T16:09:45Z  
    1. I'm not sure what you are referring to here, I see the groups sorted in the user admin tool main window and when creating new users. I generally add a user to the appropriate groups directly at user creation time so I don't need to perform the follow up step of going to the group to add the user.

2. Nothing out of the box, inactive can be part of your process, but to actually remove artifacts from a user database that are not active but are accessible in some type of "archive" is currently an open RFE. The problem is maintaining your referential consistency in a solution like this.

-Sean

ClearQuest : support home » information centers 7.1.0.x | 7.0.1.x | 7.0.0.x » RFE Community : search or submit
  • CQ_DUMMY
    CQ_DUMMY
    55 Posts

‏2009-10-15T18:13:49Z  
    • sgw
    • ‏2009-10-15T16:09:45Z
    1. I'm not sure what you are referring to here, I see the groups sorted in the user admin tool main window and when creating new users. I generally add a user to the appropriate groups directly at user creation time so I don't need to perform the follow up step of going to the group to add the user.

2. Nothing out of the box, inactive can be part of your process, but to actually remove artifacts from a user database that are not active but are accessible in some type of "archive" is currently an open RFE. The problem is maintaining your referential consistency in a solution like this.

-Sean

ClearQuest : support home » information centers 7.1.0.x | 7.0.1.x | 7.0.0.x » RFE Community : search or submit
    Hello Sean,

Thank you for your quick response. As for question 1, attached is a screen shot of what I'm talking about. During creation of user Id I nneed to add the user in group(s). For this particular user, I need to add to two groups per description field. If you see the Groups field there are groups, but are not in alphabetical order.

Aniz

Attachments

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    24948 Posts

‏2009-10-15T18:39:01Z  
    • CQ_DUMMY
    • ‏2009-10-15T18:13:49Z
    Hello Sean,

Thank you for your quick response. As for question 1, attached is a screen shot of what I'm talking about. During creation of user Id I nneed to add the user in group(s). For this particular user, I need to add to two groups per description field. If you see the Groups field there are groups, but are not in alphabetical order.

Aniz
    Yup. That's what you get. Ain't it fun??? No good way to see all the groups someone is assigned to other than running a query/report in the product, or doing a backend query.

And no way to sort them on input.

Kathy Kopczynski
  • sgw
    sgw
    1003 Posts

‏2009-10-15T19:40:29Z  
    Yup. That's what you get. Ain't it fun??? No good way to see all the groups someone is assigned to other than running a query/report in the product, or doing a backend query.

And no way to sort them on input.

Kathy Kopczynski
    Sorry Kathy is right here, not sure what I was looking at ?

A query or simple report is useful to verify but while adding it can be a bit cumbersome, if this is a common problem I would suggest creating some helper scripts to wrap your admin tasks, I have a handful of them so I rarely use the UAT gui anymore. I am looking a place to host them without getting my hands slapped for giving them out right now so I may need to find somewhere outside of IBM to put them up.

-Sean

• CQ_DUMMY
    CQ_DUMMY
    55 Posts

‏2009-10-16T15:21:16Z  
    • sgw
    • ‏2009-10-15T19:40:29Z
    Sorry Kathy is right here, not sure what I was looking at ?

A query or simple report is useful to verify but while adding it can be a bit cumbersome, if this is a common problem I would suggest creating some helper scripts to wrap your admin tasks, I have a handful of them so I rarely use the UAT gui anymore. I am looking a place to host them without getting my hands slapped for giving them out right now so I may need to find somewhere outside of IBM to put them up.

-Sean

Thanks Sean and Kathy. May be it has been fixed in ver 7.1.

Sean: Let me know when/where you have the scripts hosted.

Aniz
  • JirongHu
    JirongHu
    94 Posts

‏2014-01-28T18:46:46Z  
    • CQ_DUMMY
    • ‏2009-10-15T18:13:49Z
    Hello Sean,

Aniz

What does an inactive project mean in CQ?

Jirong