Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-09-01T04:32:58Z by SystemAdmin
pathi_ice
pathi_ice
2 Posts

Pinned topic JSF Portlet on 6.1 generates URL of length greater than 2K

‏2009-10-13T22:08:57Z |
I have a simple JSF portlet for login and I use JSF server side validation. When the validation fails and the error messages are added to the page the form no longer works. The submit action url for the jsf form becomes longer than 2k or IE acceptable length. Am I missing any fixpack.

Any help would be appreciated.
Updated on 2010-09-01T04:32:58Z at 2010-09-01T04:32:58Z by SystemAdmin
  • JRN
    JRN
    1 Post

Re: JSF Portlet on 6.1 generates URL of length greater than 2K

‏2009-10-14T05:24:12Z  
    There is a fix which is available. The problem description seems to be the same as yours.

Fix is PK84631. This is available at fix central
  • pathi_ice
    pathi_ice
    2 Posts

‏2009-10-14T14:16:21Z  
    • JRN
    • ‏2009-10-14T05:24:12Z
    There is a fix which is available. The problem description seems to be the same as yours.

Fix is PK84631. This is available at fix central
    I have this fix already. And again the description of it speaks about CSA. I have a simple JSF portlet that does not have a CSA although the portal we are trying to develop uses CSA.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    878 Posts

‏2010-08-26T21:52:14Z  
    • pathi_ice
    • ‏2009-10-14T14:16:21Z
    I have this fix already. And again the description of it speaks about CSA. I have a simple JSF portlet that does not have a CSA although the portal we are trying to develop uses CSA.
    Hi, i am facing this issue on couple of environments. However i dont know what setting is that it determines this problem. Any help would be appreciated
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    878 Posts

‏2010-08-27T16:02:01Z  
    Hi, i am facing this issue on couple of environments. However i dont know what setting is that it determines this problem. Any help would be appreciated
    Hi Ajish,

I'm not sure if this is the right link. Anyways please have a look at it.
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/wikis/download/attachments/115999431/JSF_Portlet_Development_Tips_and_Suggestions.pdf?version=1

They have mentioned about using Render Parameters/session to transfer information between action and render phase. This is configurable. If you go with session, then URL length should be less. Please try this.

<context-param>
    <param-name>com.ibm.faces.portlet.USE_RENDER_PARAMETERS
    </param-name>
    <param-value>false</param-value>
    </context-param>

Thanks,
    Jishnu
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    878 Posts

‏2010-08-27T20:10:16Z  
    Hi Ajish,

I'm not sure if this is the right link. Anyways please have a look at it.
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/wikis/download/attachments/115999431/JSF_Portlet_Development_Tips_and_Suggestions.pdf?version=1

They have mentioned about using Render Parameters/session to transfer information between action and render phase. This is configurable. If you go with session, then URL length should be less. Please try this.

<context-param>
    <param-name>com.ibm.faces.portlet.USE_RENDER_PARAMETERS
    </param-name>
    <param-value>false</param-value>
    </context-param>

Thanks,
    Jishnu
    Thanks Jishnu,

I will try this out and get back to the forum. However i dont understand why the same piece of code generates differnt length urls in different environment. I have 2 other environments which have the same lenght for wps urls.
    i am doubting if this related to any server settings.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    878 Posts

‏2010-09-01T04:32:58Z  
    Thanks Jishnu,

I will try this out and get back to the forum. However i dont understand why the same piece of code generates differnt length urls in different environment. I have 2 other environments which have the same lenght for wps urls.
    i am doubting if this related to any server settings.
    Hi Jishnu,

This is working thanks a lot.