• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-09-03T02:07:27Z by Stephen_Yao
IanRReid@EC
IanRReid@EC
5 Posts

Pinned topic MYOB Extract for TM1 - help required

‏2009-10-01T22:04:42Z |
Hi Forum,
Lately I have been working on a project for a budgeting and reporting solution in TM1. The source system for general ledger information is MYOB. This issue is more about MYOB than TM1 and I apologise if this post is a bit off forum. However I am hoping some forum members have encountered a similar problem and would be willing to share their experiences.

In addition to period, scenario and measures dimensions the solution we have been building includes dimensions for MYOB account code, MYOB job code and MYOB category code. MYOB category code is also known as cost centre in the database tables of MYOB.

The standard reports of MYOB appear to be able to generate trial balances by account code, or trial balances by job code or trial balances by category code but not a trial balance by the different combinations of account code, category code and job code together.

So we have started to investigate some solutions using ODBC. The issue we are encountering is that we have written an SQL statement for MYOB ODBC direct, which includes sub-queries, however this query appears to be too much for the MYOB ODBC Direct when testing in MS Query. Error message something about sub-query feature not licensed. We are using the SQL sub-queries for to obtain the MYOB job code and MYOB cost centre codes.

I have been able to use ODBC Direct with TM1 turbo integrator to import build a cube from MYOB with just an account dimension.

Has anyone built an extract from MYOB into TM1? I am hoping we can converse off forum to find out if anyone has imported a MYOB trial balance, how complex the trial balance was and what MYOB application you used for the ODBC, was it MYOB ODBC Direct or some other application?

Thank-you
Ian R Reid
Updated on 2012-09-03T02:07:27Z at 2012-09-03T02:07:27Z by Stephen_Yao
  • IanRReid@EC
    IanRReid@EC
    5 Posts

Re: MYOB Extract for TM1 - help required

‏2010-01-05T00:08:19Z  
    Hi Forum,
    Just a quick note to close this thread.

A MYOB extract for TM1 has been developed. To extract a file we did use the MYOB ODBC Direct add-in application for MYOB. We used Turbo Integrator to upload the resulting trial balances. It did some effort to identify the correct SQL query for MYOB to get the correct data.

Regards
    Ian R Reid
  • zameel
    zameel
    5 Posts

‏2011-08-03T01:20:20Z  
    Hi Forum,

A MYOB extract for TM1 has been developed. To extract a file we did use the MYOB ODBC Direct add-in application for MYOB. We used Turbo Integrator to upload the resulting trial balances. It did some effort to identify the correct SQL query for MYOB to get the correct data.

Regards
    Ian R Reid
    Hi Ian , much appreciate if you can post the SDL that was used to extract MYOB trial balance. We have been struggling to get the SQL right for a long time now.

Cheers
    Zameel
  • Stephen_Yao
    Stephen_Yao
    1 Post

‏2012-09-03T02:07:27Z  
    Hi Forum,

Regards
    Ian R Reid
    Hi forum,

Am trying to connect Cognos Insight 10.1.1 to extract data from MYOB via the ODBC driver.

See attached is the error message when opening up the MYOB data, this doesn't present a problem when opening up in Excel.

Just wonder whether this could be related to some of the posting regarding the need to develop a special extract for MYOB. I was also told the MYOB ODBC implementation is some what difference (sub query?).

Any suggestions?

Regards,
    Stephen Yao