Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-22T16:47:59Z by bportaluri
UserDave
UserDave
33 Posts

Pinned topic Export data every 24 hrs. how-to

‏2009-09-23T17:27:55Z |
I have setup an external system and can click the export data button and get almost exactly the file output I need. So how do I tell Maximo to automatically output a new file every 24 hrs?

I have looked at setting up both an escalation and a cron task. Neither seem to have a way of referencing the publish channel or the external system. The help hasn’t been much help on this one.
Updated on 2009-09-24T14:57:55Z at 2009-09-24T14:57:55Z by UserDave
  • Hugues-Lo
    Hugues-Lo
    75 Posts

Re: Export data every 24 hrs. how-to

‏2009-09-24T13:10:31Z  
    I have written a java class runnable from the shell (command line) for MAXIMO 6.2.x.
    This java class enables you to "export" (send to SQout queue) any "interfaces".
    Then the JMSSEQconsumer crontask export really the msg from the SQout queue to the xmlfiles directory.

Usage :
    1) Copy this class in \Maximo\applications\maximo\businessobjects\classes\custom\server
    2) Run it with this syntax: java MX6XMLexport -h<hostname> -s<servername> -u<username> -p<password> -f<logfile> -e<extsystem> -i<interface> -w"<whereclause>"

Example on Windows servers:
    call commonEnv.bat
    @..\java\jre\bin\java -classpath %MAXIMO_CLASSPATH% custom.server.MX6XMLexport -hlocalhost -sMXServer -umaxadmin -pmaxadmin -eEXTSYS1 -iMXUserInt -w"1=1"
    ...etc

Example of remote execution from your PC (useful for UNIX servers):
    1) Extract businessobjects.jar from your maximo.ear (administration windows pc)
    2) Copy it in directory of your choice (any windows pc)
    3) Run something like that (any windows PC with a JRE; RMI protocol must NOT to be filtered by your routers...):
    @..\java\jre\bin\java -classpath ..\businessobjects.jar custom.server.MX6XMLexport -hlocalhost -sMXServer -umaxadmin -pmaxadmin -eEXTSYS1 -iMXUserInt -w"1=1"
    ...etc

I guess you will have to upgrade it if you use MAXIMO 7...
  • UserDave
    UserDave
    33 Posts

‏2009-09-24T14:57:55Z  
    • Hugues-Lo
    • ‏2009-09-24T13:10:31Z
    I have written a java class runnable from the shell (command line) for MAXIMO 6.2.x.
    Then the JMSSEQconsumer crontask export really the msg from the SQout queue to the xmlfiles directory.

Usage :
    1) Copy this class in \Maximo\applications\maximo\businessobjects\classes\custom\server
    2) Run it with this syntax: java MX6XMLexport -h<hostname> -s<servername> -u<username> -p<password> -f<logfile> -e<extsystem> -i<interface> -w"<whereclause>"

call commonEnv.bat
    @..\java\jre\bin\java -classpath %MAXIMO_CLASSPATH% custom.server.MX6XMLexport -hlocalhost -sMXServer -umaxadmin -pmaxadmin -eEXTSYS1 -iMXUserInt -w"1=1"
    ...etc

3) Run something like that (any windows PC with a JRE; RMI protocol must NOT to be filtered by your routers...):
    @..\java\jre\bin\java -classpath ..\businessobjects.jar custom.server.MX6XMLexport -hlocalhost -sMXServer -umaxadmin -pmaxadmin -eEXTSYS1 -iMXUserInt -w"1=1"
    ...etc

I'm using 7.1.1.4 I should have included that in the original post.

The java doesn't look that complicated. I will give it a go later and let you know how it works out.
  • Cenovus-Geoffrey
    Cenovus-Geoffrey
    1 Post

‏2013-08-21T00:48:10Z  
    • Hugues-Lo
    • ‏2009-09-24T13:10:31Z

Usage :

call commonEnv.bat
    ...etc

...etc

Hi Hugues-Lo,

I have the same requirement in my current project. Do you mind to share your contacts for consultation?

Thanks 

• bportaluri
    bportaluri
    65 Posts

‏2013-08-22T16:47:59Z  

Here is another solution: How to schedule a CSV/XML file export through MIF