5 replies Latest Post - ‏2009-09-15T14:42:13Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
181 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic "Public Settings edit Model" not displayed in Widget Adapter

‏2009-09-15T10:15:04Z |
Hi,

i'm trying to customize my widgets through settings.
I'm using "Widget cuztomizer" builder in my customizer model and some profiles (and it works properly if I run it in eclipse). In this builder i've inserted the name of the widget i want to customize...

In the widget adapter of this one i should see more inputs like "Public Settings Edit Model" but i don't...

What's wrong?

Thanks!
Updated on 2009-09-15T14:42:13Z at 2009-09-15T14:42:13Z by SystemAdmin
  • mburati
    mburati
    30 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: "Public Settings edit Model" not displayed in Widget Adapter

‏2009-09-15T12:54:21Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    If you haven't already looked at it, I suggest taking a look at the CustomizerSample widget model (and the associated CustomizerSampleCustomizer) that's provided with the LWF Widget Samples. Also, search and read through the help for "Profiling".

The customization is an extension of profiling, which allows you to use an Edit Settings Widget Customizer to set the value of "profiled" builder inputs (builder inputs that get their value from a LWF profile instead of hardcoded or via indirect reference). The sample and the help should give you a better idea of what that means and how to set it up. If not, then after reading it, please let us know what was still not clear so that the help can be improved.

..mb1
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      181 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-09-15T14:06:41Z  in response to mburati
      Hi,
      thanks for your answer.

I already did both things (had a look at CustomizerSample widget model and red help for profiling).

The logic is quite clear, but i'm stuck in a small technical problem and i'm getting crazy because i cannot understand what's wrong.

My problem is that I cannot refer to the Customizer Model in my widget because i don't have in the "Widget Adapter" Builder the section in which insert the name of model containing the Widget Customizer builder.

Here files of my model in case they can help.

Any suggestion will be really appreciated,thanks!!!
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        181 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-09-15T14:11:29Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Your widget model does not appear to be profiled. The customizer operates by arranging for new values to be supplied for profiled inputs in the widget model - unless you profile at least one input in the widget, the adapter cannot know which profile to expose, and the customizer would have no effect.
      • mburati
        mburati
        30 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-09-15T14:15:10Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        I don't have time to open those in the designer right at the moment, but glancing at the widget model quickly in a text editor, I didn't see anything (any builder input) in your widget profiled against that profile set? If you haven't done so yet, you need to profile enable the builder input(s) in your widget model (and/or enable/disable a particular builder call via profiling), so that the Widget Adapter builder will know that there's something to be enabled for customization.

..mb1
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          181 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-09-15T14:42:13Z  in response to mburati
          You are completely right... thanks a lot to both of you for the quick answer! :-)