Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2009-09-15T14:43:22Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
181 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to set a widget customizable in order to display(or not) submit button?

‏2009-09-14T14:03:30Z |
Hi,

I need to have a widget customizable by the user on the Lotus Mashup by clicking the options icon in the widget title bar.

In particular, the user should be able to choose beetwen the following behaviors:
1) display a submit button that invoke an action (a web service call)
2) don't display the submit button so that the widget directly execute the web service call once it receives a payload parameter.

At the moment I'm using 2 different widgets and the user must decide which one he wants to use.
But, i would like to have only one widget customizable according to the 2 behavior I described.

How I can do that?
I see that there is the Widget customizer Builder, but not sure that it is the right one.
Moreover I cannot understand exactly how to use it (if someone could provide a simple example it would be great).

Thansk a lot in advance,

Antonella
Updated on 2009-09-15T14:43:22Z at 2009-09-15T14:43:22Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    181 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to set a widget customizable in order to display(or not) submit but

‏2009-09-15T13:05:37Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Lotus Widget Factory lets you configure your app based on what you "profiled" in the model.

Take a look at Eclipse -> Help -> Help Contents -> Lotus Widget Factory -> Working with Lotus Widget Factory -> Overview: Profiling.

Once you understand profiling and have profiled inputs in your model, then in your Widget Adapter builder, you can enable a profile set for customization via the mashups edit settings mode.

See Help -> Help Contents -> Lotus Widget Factory -> Working with Lotus Widget Factory -> Introduction to widgets -> Implementing Widget Customize Mode.

For this particular case, you can profile enable the "Enabled" input of the button builder (hidden in the "Properties" section") to control whether it appears; similarly, you can turn on/off statements in an action list or event handler to modify the control flow for incoming events. I've attached a very simple sample widget that I believe does something like what you're trying to do.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      181 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to set a widget customizable in order to display(or not) submit but

‏2009-09-15T14:43:22Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thanks a lot also for this and for the sample code you provided!