Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-04-03T08:33:59Z by nchieffo
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
532 Posts

Pinned topic SqlStatementHelper$OutputDefinition incompatible with InputDefinition error

‏2009-09-04T19:00:15Z |
Hello,

I am calling an Oracle stored procedure from a SQL Call Builder that requiresv an integer parameter and returns a Ref Cursor.

The output parameter is being cast to a Ref Cursor type via the method "castRefCursor" specified in the "Value or Set/Cast Method" field.

There are no design time errors in Designer, however, when I run the model it gives the following error(DBTest is the name of the builder and model):

Exception Error in method main. Error in method DBTest_ShowResults. Error in method DBTestInvoke. Error in method DBTestInvokeBase. Error in method DBTestTransform.executeForCaching. com.bowstreet.builders.webapp.methods.SqlStatementHelper$OutputDefinition incompatible with com.bowstreet.builders.webapp.methods.SqlStatementHelper$InputDefinition
Stack Trace
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.bowstreet.builders.webapp.methods.SqlStatementHelper$OutputDefinition incompatible with com.bowstreet.builders.webapp.methods.SqlStatementHelper$InputDefinition
at com.bowstreet.builders.webapp.methods.SqlStatementHelper.addDynamicInClauseInputs(SqlStatementHelper.java:987)
at com.bowstreet.builders.webapp.methods.SqlStatementHelper.createStatement(SqlStatementHelper.java:832)
Here is the body of the castRefCursor method:

{
try
{
// Code is specific to a CallableStatement. Cast will throw an exception
// if the caller tries to pass anyother type of object into the method.
final CallableStatement cs = (CallableStatement) statement;
if( cs != null && "cast".equals( action ) )
{
// Cast and register the output parameter at position "position" to be an
// Oracle CURSOR type. If the Oracle JDBC driver ZIP / JAR file is not
// in the method compiler's classpath, then this will cause an error.
cs.registerOutParameter( position, OracleTypes.CURSOR );
}
else if( cs != null && "set".equals( action ) )
{
// The "set" action is not supported for result sets so throw an
// exception to alert the caller to the problem.
throw new Exception( "Cannot set the value of a ResultSet" );
}
}
catch( Throwable t )
{
// If anything goes wrong, then log an error to the Bowstreet Event log
// and rethrow the exception for handling by the model.
throw new WebAppRuntimeException( t );
}

return null;
}
Could you please advise why this error occurs?

Thanks,
Mike
Updated on 2012-04-03T08:33:59Z at 2012-04-03T08:33:59Z by nchieffo
  • DGawron
    DGawron
    251 Posts

Re: SqlStatementHelper$OutputDefinition incompatible with InputDefinition error

‏2009-09-10T18:27:28Z  
    It sounds like a bug in SQL Call. Can you post a sample model that causes the error in your environment so that we can test the model in the lab?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    532 Posts

‏2009-09-15T13:59:40Z  
    • DGawron
    • ‏2009-09-10T18:27:28Z
    It sounds like a bug in SQL Call. Can you post a sample model that causes the error in your environment so that we can test the model in the lab?
    It looks like there is indeed a bug in the SQL Call Builder in version 7.0.0 of the Portlet Factory.

I reverted back to PF 6.1.2 and everything is working fine.

Thanks,
    Mike
  • DGawron
    DGawron
    251 Posts

‏2009-10-03T19:30:12Z  
    It looks like there is indeed a bug in the SQL Call Builder in version 7.0.0 of the Portlet Factory.

I reverted back to PF 6.1.2 and everything is working fine.

Thanks,
    Mike
    This is scheduled to be fixed in the next WPF release.
  • nchieffo
    nchieffo
    2 Posts

‏2012-04-02T14:41:46Z  
    I've got this same error when I try to execute a SQL call builder configured with this statement

call ComDocDwnl(?, ?, ?, ?, ?)

the last argument an input-output of type char.
    There's no way of executing that call, even when using the Service Definition testing support.

I'm using portelt factory 7.0.1.2 within websphere portal 7.0.0.2
  • nchieffo
    nchieffo
    2 Posts

‏2012-04-03T08:33:59Z  
    • nchieffo
    • ‏2012-04-02T14:41:46Z
    I've got this same error when I try to execute a SQL call builder configured with this statement

call ComDocDwnl(?, ?, ?, ?, ?)

the last argument an input-output of type char.
    There's no way of executing that call, even when using the Service Definition testing support.

I'm using portelt factory 7.0.1.2 within websphere portal 7.0.0.2
    never mind, my call required to be encapsulated with { }